Chryst is a big ol' fella

Chryst is a big ol' fella

July 11th, 2018, 10:29 am #1

Today is Volday '18 where all the players are getting their photos in uniform for the multiple media outlets.   This picture of Keller Chryst is impressive to say the least:

They have him listed at 6'5" 234 but I swear he looks bigger.   I think JG is in trouble.
"Gentlemen, touchdowns follow blocking as sure night follows day" -Gen Neyland

July 11th, 2018, 11:08 am #2

I just realized his uncle is Wisconsin HC Paul Chryst.

anyway, he is gonna be the starter.

July 11th, 2018, 11:46 am #3

I am hoping he is the starter at this point.  We only have him for one year eligibility but he can maybe hold down the fort until the Calvary arrives.  

July 11th, 2018, 1:16 pm #4

He has the body of a pro QB … but does he have the skills ?
Alabama: Heart of the South

July 12th, 2018, 4:15 am #5

He has impressive stats from Stanford.  11-2 as a starter.   A  career completion percentage of 55.4 percent. He's thrown for 1,926 yards with 19 touchdowns and six interceptions.   He has an average qb rating of 128.9 which is good.  The only real criticism I have seen of his numbers is that Christian McCaffrey boosted his wins and that he could not carry it all by himself.  

My big worry with a big, pro style qb like him is how much time will he have in the pocket.  We have some transfers which I have not seen play yet that may beef up our line but if we go by last year's performance he will need to make very quick decisions.  Pruitt has been talking a lot lately about the importance of establishing a running game early to keep the defenses honest.  

July 12th, 2018, 4:21 am #6

Why did he leave Stanford?  Did he lose the job because of injury?

July 12th, 2018, 4:28 am #7

I think once Stanford made it clear Costello was the starter he wanted to go somewhere to get more playing time.  He still could make a NFL roster based on his size alone and needs to get more exposure.  As a graduate transfer he had no restrictions to transfer so he found the most desperate big time program he could.  Enter my Vols.