BEST ODDS TO WIN THE 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS

July 5th, 2018, 7:27 am #1

1. Alabama: +175

Tua Tagovailoa bailed the Crimson Tide out in the National Championship Game vs. Georgia, and he will likely be the starter at quarterback over incumbent Jalen Hurts entering the season. After a few years of a run-heavy offense, Tagovailoa potentially gives the offense an added dimension, and Nick Saban's team returns plenty of elite talent on defense.

2. Clemson: +600

This Clemson squad is on a mission to win another national championship after getting embarrassed in the College Football Playoff vs. Alabama last season. It all starts up front with a defensive line that could be historically great thanks to multiple 2019 first-round draft prospects, but the starting quarterback — a battle between Kelly Bryant, Trevor Lawrence and Hunter Johnson — will ultimately determine how far this team can go.

3. Ohio State: +700

Quarterback J.T. Barrett is gone after a career that seemed like it spanned 10 years, so there will be a new man under center. That will likely be a competition between the well-qualified Dwayne Haskins and Tate Martell. The running game remains in good hands with Mike Weber, and the defense still flashes elite talent, led by potential No. 1 overall draft choice Nick Bosa at defensive end.

4. Georgia: +750

The Bulldogs were oh so close to winning a national championship last season. They face several key losses like running backs Sony Michel and Nick Chubb, along with defensive star Roquan Smith. Still, head coach Kirby Smart has plenty of reinforcements, and quarterback Jake Fromm is set to take a step forward in his sophomore season.

5. Michigan: +1600

The 2017 Wolverines season was a terrible disappointment due in large part to injuries, as the team lost five games, including its final three contests. Head coach Jim Harbaugh has plenty to work with heading into 2018, led by Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson at quarterback. He could be the signal caller that pushes Michigan over the top.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... hp#image=5
Alabama: Heart of the South

July 5th, 2018, 8:07 am #2

#1-4 I was thinking "looks about right" and then got to #5.

Did Tom Brady announce he was going back to school?  I feel like I am missing something.
Being a Vol fan is great except for a few Saturdays in the fall.

sec realist
Site Admin

July 5th, 2018, 8:37 am #3

Michigan being number five disqualified that list from being taken seriously.
Live with egrets, not regrets.

July 5th, 2018, 8:58 am #4

I could see UofM making the playoffs if everything went their way, but I don't think there is enough luck in the world for them to also win 2 playoff games.  

I would put USC, Washington, and Oklahoma above UofM.  Heck, I'd probably put PSU above them too.

July 6th, 2018, 4:49 am #5

this guy has Wisconsin ranked above USC ,Washington , and Oklahoma …… 3 BIG teams in the top 6 …. I am not even that much of a Homer …..
Alabama: Heart of the South

July 9th, 2018, 3:45 am #6

Everyone keeps waiting for Harbaugh to even that paycheck