value of 5' pete boruta painting with 7 clown heads

value of 5' pete boruta painting with 7 clown heads

teri
teri

September 9th, 2003, 10:35 pm #1

would like to know the value of an oil painting that has been in the family for 30 years. 7 floating heads on an orange/yellow background. any info on the artist would be helpful. parents always said he was famous, but can't find any info on him.

Maria
Maria

January 4th, 2004, 2:55 pm #2

Did you get any info on worth of Boruta items - I have one too...

evelyn boyd
evelyn boyd

January 16th, 2004, 3:12 pm #3

I also have a large painting by Boruta of Emmett Kelley and Coco. Anyone know it's worth?

Bill
Bill

January 13th, 2006, 2:08 am #4

would like to know the value of an oil painting that has been in the family for 30 years. 7 floating heads on an orange/yellow background. any info on the artist would be helpful. parents always said he was famous, but can't find any info on him.
Pete Boruta was from Trenton, New Jersey and lived on Nottingham Way. He painted hundreds of clown oils on canvas. He was somewhat famous in the area and donated a lot of his paintings for various charity causes for fund raisers. I have seen values (prices paid) range from $59.00 to about $250.00. I would suggest to keep the paintings.

Mr. Boruta has passed on and numerous paintings of his were lost in a house fire of his home.

The potential value of the paintings are somewhat limited because of the painting topic. You have to be a clown fan and then an oil painting fan.

Most of Mr. Boruta's paintings are clearly marked in front on the painting and normally there is a sticker on the back with his address and other hand writings such as "original Pete Boruta painting."

Dennis Hawver
Dennis Hawver

September 25th, 2008, 6:04 pm #5

We have an oil painting of the Grover's Mill, signed "Boruta 1965." Since Grover's Mill is near Hamilton, NJ, where P.J. Boruta lived, he is probably the artist. Apparently this is one of his non-Clown works--does anyone have any more or know the occasion for this one? Dennis Hawver dhawver@aol.com

mark lidke
mark lidke

October 7th, 2009, 5:37 am #6

Pete Boruta was from Trenton, New Jersey and lived on Nottingham Way. He painted hundreds of clown oils on canvas. He was somewhat famous in the area and donated a lot of his paintings for various charity causes for fund raisers. I have seen values (prices paid) range from $59.00 to about $250.00. I would suggest to keep the paintings.

Mr. Boruta has passed on and numerous paintings of his were lost in a house fire of his home.

The potential value of the paintings are somewhat limited because of the painting topic. You have to be a clown fan and then an oil painting fan.

Most of Mr. Boruta's paintings are clearly marked in front on the painting and normally there is a sticker on the back with his address and other hand writings such as "original Pete Boruta painting."
Thank you so much i brought a painting from a aution by boruta and a very nice man named mr conti gave me a lil history on it and he said he sat at the bromley inn and had drinks with him.But your info helped alot. I will be keeping it becuse of your info. thanks again.

connie hillman
connie hillman

May 31st, 2011, 11:55 pm #7

Hi. My name is Connie hillman. You painted a Emmett Kelly the Clown on canvass for my grandmother Geraldine Lepore back in 1969. She is also from NJ. From the stories I hear you and her used to go out drinking together. I was looking on your gallery to see if I could find another like that to see how much the painting is worth, and of course did not find it. If you could get back to me that would be great. My cell # is 702-767-6359. thank you

HARRIET CLEMENT
HARRIET CLEMENT

June 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm #8

We have an oil painting of the Grover's Mill, signed "Boruta 1965." Since Grover's Mill is near Hamilton, NJ, where P.J. Boruta lived, he is probably the artist. Apparently this is one of his non-Clown works--does anyone have any more or know the occasion for this one? Dennis Hawver dhawver@aol.com
LIZ TAYLOR, TED KENNEDY,EMMET KELLY SANDRA DEE. ALL BY PETE BORUTA

Carol Brudon
Carol Brudon

December 11th, 2012, 4:27 am #9

I have a painting of Emmet Kelly that Pete Boruta sold to me. It was back in 1972 and signed by Pete on the back. Pete used to be a friend of Bobby Collins back then and that's how I got to know him. I also have a smaller painting that he signed for me that says "To Carol with best wishes Pete, May 22, 1973. I treasure those paintings.

I remember that he had so many of his paintings in the local bars in Trenton. I know Bobby Collins had one that was approx.30" by 45" or so.....I wish I had it now. I treasure these 2 that I have.

I am so glad I found someone that appreciates them as I do. If I'm not mistaken, I think the original bar I saw those paintings in was a small little place called Gervasio's in Trenton.

Thanks for the memories

carol brudon
carol brudon

December 11th, 2012, 4:36 am #10

Thank you so much i brought a painting from a aution by boruta and a very nice man named mr conti gave me a lil history on it and he said he sat at the bromley inn and had drinks with him.But your info helped alot. I will be keeping it becuse of your info. thanks again.
I'm glad I found this. I lived in Trenton in the 70"s and I have 2 of his paintings.....one Emmet Kelly 30 x25 including the frame and I've treasured it all these years. It is dated 1972. I was at a bar that I would go for lunch or dinner, and if I'm not mistaken it was called Gervasio's back then. I also have I guess you would call it a print that he signed for me....."To Carol Best wishes, Pete May 22, 1973.

I'm glad I found a little more about someone who treasures those paintings as I do........thanks for the memories......I was in my 20"s back then