Games Games GAAAAMES

Post your funny, serious, cool, extreme, pictures, vids, jokes, links, and any other crazy things you can find from the four corners of the web.

Games Games GAAAAMES

Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic
Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic

28 Apr 2010, 11:53 #1

i think if theres a moviethread and a rockbandthread, it might be time to for a
gamethread as well ,besides that i need to find some new before boredom kills me lol.

every system is allowed , pc , 360, NES, i dont care,just keep in mind that you should
post a little review of the game, so others actually get to know it and maybe get to
like it :)

ok but lets get started with a little example (actually i think blockbusters arent that
good for this ...):

STARCRAFT
the king of RTS games, my alltime favourite game,shipped with the first computer i had
and it still is as much fun as the first time i touched it.Sure the graphics arent up to date
but what is missing in visuals is put into a great story, very deep characters and gameplay.
Three races , terrans , protoss and zerg a fighting for the hegemony of the galaxy
each race has is unique in its own way.Terrans may not have the strongest units but
they sure can take alot , and a nuclear missle here and there does pretty good boom :)

The Protos rely on theire powerful,but expensive, technology and psipowers, they
are even able to alter space and time or control enemy units.

The Zerg are the fastest in production but theyre units cant take that much, how
good they also dont have a problem with suicideattacks ;)

No other game combined and exploited the combination of micro(control of units and
abilities in detail) macromanagement (control of the whole , scouting,economy etc..)
as good as Starcraft did,this goes even down to such basic things like how to
gather resources...
The multiplayermode offers a broad collection of modes, on the one hand u got the
classical modes like deathmatch or teamffa were u start with 4 workers and youre
mainbuilding, on the other hand you got triggerbased maps that sometimes create
a completly new game (poker,"light cycle" from tron,tower defense and many more)

we'll see if the sequal can keep up with its success,at least theres one thing you can
sure about: theres no way anything can take the originals place :)

BroodTech.info
and god said "glEnable(GL_LIGHTING);"

liberte egalite fraternite

Sch!zm
Certified Loon
Sch!zm
Certified Loon

28 Apr 2010, 12:43 #2

Chrono Trigger

Platform: SNES

Probably one of the best JRPG's ever. With nice graphics & effects for its time, a great and deep storyline about time travel and likeable characters (designed by Akira Toriyama [Dragonball]) in a fantasy setting it's really a shame if you own an SNES and missed out on this one.

You can go back and forth in time through portals (later you acquire a time machine) and therefore do alot of cool things, like rebuilding a castle, bring back the dead and actually alter the course of time itself. This makes it possible to achieve 12 different endings and I yet have to see them all, lol.

The combat system is cool and complex, you can combine three special moves of your party members into one and release mayhem on your enemies. If you know these games the name "Lavos" should also ring a bell...probably one of the most annoying endbosses ever.

Other games that continue the story are "Radical Dreamers" for the SNES (but that one is more of a text adventure) and ofc "Chrono Cross" for the PSX, another awesome game that you need to have in your game library.

Leet
Forum Lunatic
Leet
Forum Lunatic

28 Apr 2010, 14:42 #3

Final Fantasy Dissidia for PSP

Excellent game imo. I think its very well developed. Been playing it since i DLed it like 2 months ago.

Ok so the plot is, that 2 gods have been fighting each other for eons, they are of equal strength. But both of them have 10 warriors, who are the only ones who can end this conflict between the gods.

In this game's story mode u can play with each of the 10 warrs on the good side and level them up. But if u complete it, u can play with all 22.

The gameplay is da best. Every character has their own unique fighting style, melee and magical attacks. The graphics... are as good as it can be on PSP.

Btw i have made my own personal video of me playing if u wanna see xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt89-7Tac8Y

Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic
Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic

28 Apr 2010, 21:35 #4

Warsow

Warsow is a free opensource Shooter based on heavily modified quake 2 engine, it
would have been a good quake 3 clone with a strange look if there wasnt this amazing
movement system wich realy kicks-ass.The trick is very simple you can walljump,dash
and dodge ... this leads to a very very fast gameplay.The Engine is nearly on the same
level as Quake 3, major differences are first of all the faster netcode (which grants lower
pings and less traffic) and the cel-shading look (not everyones taste i guess) but if liked
quake 3 you'll love this one :)

BroodTech.info

Sch!zm
Certified Loon
Sch!zm
Certified Loon

28 Apr 2010, 23:26 #5

Max Payne

Platform: PC

This game changed everything back then. It was the first 3rd-person-shooter which made use of the so-called Bullet Time (slowing down time in order to dodge bullets more efficiently).

The gameplay was really intense and so was the story. You play a cop called Max Payne. His wife and daughter are murdered, therefore he goes on a rampage through the New Yorker underworld, taking out mob bosses and drug dealers to find the murderer of his family.

The game is pretty dark and mature (drug abuse, prostitution, violence, madness,...), its atmosphere is heavily influenced by film noir. The sequel Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is also very good, however, the first one really made a HUGE impact back then and left me and my friends stunned. Awesome game.

Hannibal
Insane Member
Hannibal
Insane Member

29 Apr 2010, 00:16 #6

Tomb Raider

All of em EXCEPT the blasphemous chapter Angel of Darkness. These games are a third person shooter and also puzzle solving.

You play as the treasure hunter Lara Croft who searches for ancient relics and treasures for sport, not money. Her adventures have been all over the world including Africa, Egypt, The Alps, Himalayas, London, and even Area 51.

I've been addicted to these games since the release of the first one for the ps1.

And having an old butler that farts doesn't hurt either... :lol:

Sch!zm
Certified Loon
Sch!zm
Certified Loon

29 Apr 2010, 15:15 #7

Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow

Platform: GBA

Castlevania is one of my absolute favorite game series of all time and AoS can best be described as "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" (PSX) for the GBA. Like in SotN you have a huge castle to explore, there's lots of weapons/armors/treasures to acquire and lots of monsters to kill.

You play Soma Cruz, a young man, who only wanted to watch the solar eclipse with his girlfriend. Somehow him and her are sucked into the eclipse and find themselves in front of Dracula's legendary castle. Now Soma has to find a way out of the eclipse again.

This story takes place in Tokyo in the year 2035, so roughly 36 years after Dracula was defeated for good by the Belmonts (vampire hunter clan). However, if Dracula is gone, why is the castle in the lunar eclipse? And what does Soma have to do with all of this?

Probably the coolest feature in the game is that you can obtain the souls of the demons and monsters you defeat and, once equipped, use them for special attacks or moves like running on water or the ability to transform into a bat (some of them are necessary for completing the game). It's a really cool game with nice graphics and probably the best story of any handheld Castlevanias. Worth checking out B)

Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic
Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic

29 Apr 2010, 16:03 #8

Nordlandtrilogie (eng:Northlands Trilogy)

Nordlandtrilogie,also known as Realms of Arkania,is a package of three games settled
in the "dark eye" universe, the most succesful pen&paper here in germany (it even
is more succesful then dungeons & dragons here).

Schicksalsklinge (part I) (eng:"Blade of Destiny")

Near "Thorwal" an army of orks is gathering and the player gots the big quest to find
Grimring,a legendary sword.While searching the sword you have the freedom to explore
the whole region around "Thorwal", you have many sidequests and many many not
storyrelated dungeons.The Skillsystem is very detailed and even allows feats like music,
which helps you to get money in bars.This can also mean that a player is not focusing
a strong character , but on an individual character.

Sternenschweif (part II) (eng:Star Trail")

the major difference a player will notice is the much better grafic and voice output...
After the defeat of the orks in "Thorwal" the player travels to "Svellttal", here you
recieve the quest to create an alliance between dwarfs and elfs and to find a
legendary axe. The gameplay is nearly the same as in part 1, but part 2 has less
dungeons :(

Schatten über Riva (part III) (eng:Shadows over Riva)

this is the third and final chapter of the Nordlandtrilogie, the whole world is now
3d and the game allows you to travel around in riva ... shadows just features the
very very detailed city of riva besides its mainquests you can also explore alots
of sidestorys which are sometimes very strange,it also was one of the first video
games dealing with homosexuality

BroodTech.info

Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic
Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic

09 May 2010, 15:33 #9

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

Edna is a little bit confused, one day she wakes up in a nice and comfortable room, she
cant remember anything,but one thing is clear, she doesnt belong here.With the help
of her stuffed animal rabbit harvey she has to solve lotsa puzzles and gain knowledge
of her mysterious past, which seems more and more like nightmare...

BroodTech.info

Dark_Drifter
Certified Loon
Dark_Drifter
Certified Loon

15 May 2010, 20:45 #10

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2

This is probably the game that i will never stop to play ....
Been playing it for 11 years now and is still my all time favorite RTS,The game takes a part in a different time line.In 1943 Albert Einstein uses his Chrono Sphere device to go back in time and kill Hitler,but this destroyed the delicate balance of powers and let Stalin launch a massive assault on Europe ,eventually the only free country left was Great Britain , After Stalin's death the power is taken but Alexander Romanov ,who wanted to stop the war and all but that was not true and he launched a massive attack on the U.S. and there is where you come you decide for witch side to play.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 : Yuri's Revenge

Now while you where fighting for/with the soviets Yuri's was using his mind control technology to create an army on his own he has established a network of mind control Devices called Psychic Dominators (sounds nice doesnt it ? :P ) and is launching them up , but the U.S. manages to damage one of it seconds before its being used and guess where in San Francisco the place where the Time Machine is being held up from there now you will have to manage your way in destroying the other devices ...

This is a game that is worth of playing or EVEN BUYING !!!

>Drifter<

Thank you Star and Frogger for those magnificent sigs

Sch!zm
Certified Loon
Sch!zm
Certified Loon

16 May 2010, 11:52 #11

Onimusha Warlords

One of the first titles for the PS2 back then, a real classic. You play as the samurai
Samanosuke, who has to stop demon lord Fortinbras from resurrecting the evil
warlord Nobunaga Oda (for all of you japanese history smartasses: It's only a game, jeez!) and from ofc...taking over the world. Princess Yuki needs to be saved as well,
so there should be enough to keep the player entertained, lol.

Together with a kunoichi (female ninja)called Kaede you investigate a huge castle and fight lots of demons and monsters. You can upgrade your katanas (fire, wind and thunder) and your armor whenever you suck in the souls of killed demons with a
magic glove. It's a really great game and feels alot like Resident Evil, only with more
action and in a feudal japanese setting. Onimusha Warlords was followed by Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny (where you play as Jubei Yagyu), Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (with Samanosuke and Jean Reno), Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams (with a completely new cast, Samanosuke makes an appearance and Fortinbras returns) and a beat em up game called Onimusha Blade Warriors which was quite fun. A great game series for your PS2
collection to own.

Samanosuke and Jubei in Onimusha Blade Warriors

Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic
Yun_Harla
Forum Lunatic

01 Jun 2010, 12:53 #12

OUTCAST

Outcast is an action adventure released in 1999 and was one of the bestlooking games
ever released.Although many games at this time were using hardware acceleration,
Outcast took a much different way which was known from games like wolfenstein or
Comanche but in a much more detailed way. This allowed effects that havent been used
for years after Outcast was released (for example Depth of the Field,Bumpmapping or
distortet reflections...) . Besides that its one of the

In 2007 the USA launched a Probe in order to prove that parallel universes exist,the
experiment was a succes.Shortly after it landed an lifeform damages the probe heavily
and causes an heavy energyfeedback back to earth.This feedback created an
evergrowing black hole on earth.A team of scientists is now assembled in order to
repair the probe to save the world , and ofc something goes wrong and "Cutter Slade"
an cmdr of the US-Navy finds himself stranded and cut from his team on a strange
world...

BroodTech.info

Zienna
Zienna

01 Jun 2010, 17:18 #13

----Drakan The Ancient Gates----

Its a sequel to the game Drakan Order Of The Flame(made in 1999 i think)

quote from wiki.

• "Rynn and Arokh answer a call from the city of Surdana. Lady Myschala of Surdana asks for Rynn and Arokh's assistance. An evil race of three-faced beings known as the Desert Lords have begun rallying the monsters from around the world (similar to how the Dark Union did in Order of the Flame) and have begun enslaving humans. Around the world there exist four gateways that lead to the world where the dragon mother, Mala-Shae, and her brood have been slumbering since the Dark Wars. Only a Dragon of the Elder Breed can open the gates and this is why Rynn and Arokh (more specifically, Arokh) are needed to open these gates, so that the humans can once again bond with dragons and fight back against the Desert Lords. Along the way, the two of them must go on various side quests to accomplish goals leading them to the ultimate goal."

Drakan Order Of The Flame is fun too though the multiplayer sucks. Single player was much better.

The Ancient Gates is fun as well. ^_^

jangofett890

02 Jun 2010, 06:12 #14

LBP (LittleBigPlanet) PS3

PLAY
play over 50 levels with minigames and bonus levels
CREATE
create your own levels with custized objects that you have made or collected objects from game or other levels online
publish your own levels or play other players levels that they have made. download levels and skins from the psn store

coming soon LBP 2 WINTER 2010

EDIT: Phantom: Please find an image that doesn't stretch out the thread :)
"I always wanted to meet a Jedi," : Jango Fett

Phantom
Forum Lunatic
Phantom
Forum Lunatic

03 Jun 2010, 17:11 #15

Zienna @ Jun 1 2010, 12:18 PM wrote: The Ancient Gates is fun as well. ^_^
The game was glitchy as hell though, but it was still fun. It definitely broke some ground and tried things that hadn't been done before in a 3D game.

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing

What can I say about this game that it is, in my opinion, the greatest Bond game ever made. Yes, Goldeneye was good for it's time, but Goldeneye was a breakthrough for FPS games and didn't really capture what it felt like to really BE Bond. "Everything or Nothing" delivered on that concept.

As far as the plot, I'm gonna have to go with an excerpt from Wikipedia as well as I haven't played this game in awhile:
Dr. Katya Nadanova, a nanotechnology professor at Oxford, is kidnapped by terrorists. James Bond is sent to rescue her and her new invention, a nanobot that can repair electrical wires. Bond finds her on a moving train, and is able to rescue her after a battle with the terrorist general, though most of the nanobots were destroyed. After Bond leaves her at a nearby military base, she meets with Nikolai Diavolo, a Russian businessman; he receives a vial containing a few of her nanobots.
I don't want to reveal too much of the plot in this review. As far as gameplay however, there is no superior game in capturing how it feels to be Bond. This was the first Bond game to integrate a versatile hand-to-hand combat system which is something Bond finds himself doing quite a bit in the movies (more so than shooting everything). The shooting system works similarly to the way most 3rd person shooters work today. There is also a "Bond sense" mode which allows players to see objects that Bond can interact with that would allow them to get a "Bond move" rating for the mission.

This Bond game also enlists voice talent of quite a few well-known actors and captures their likeness in the character models. Pierce Brosnan reprises his role as Bond as well as Judy Dench as M and John Cleese as the new Q. In addition to them, other big talents were called in to voice the supporting cast such as William Dafoe, Shannon Elizabeth, Heidi Klum. Richard Kiel was even brought back to reprise his role as Jaws who is a boss in the game.

I don't remember too many hiccups with the gameplay. All I remember is that there has been no superior Bond game to this installment to date.
This is the last stinkin hole I thought I'd find anyone with some guts