Ultimanias to be translated by Dark Horse into English

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

6:37 PM - Oct 03, 2017 #1

I’m not entirely sure which Ultimania they’re translating, but if the cover is anything to go by, it will be the 25th Anniversary Ultimania, which makes sense since this will be getting released in French on October 6th of this year. So say bye-bye to fan translations and arguments about whether studio Bent Stuff products are canon or not. Reported by darkhorse.com.

And you'll be able to purchase these books June 05, 2018.

No matter how a person feels about these books (its retcons/mistakes/etc), Square Enix just legitimized them by publishing them in multiple languages. In my opinion, there can be no more disputes about whether Bent Stuff is canon material (Maiden, Dismantled, etc... all canon now). They clearly are.

Dark Horse is a major company, not like Lumen or MANA books. This is huge.

pandatumble

7:11 PM - Oct 03, 2017 #2

Oh me oh my. I want to buy! I don't think I'll remember next year though.

Honestly I find it weird to not consider any major publication as worthy evidence but that's just me.

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

8:06 PM - Oct 03, 2017 #3

Well, I used to think that, too. But there's so many mistakes in these books, from grammar to inconsistencies in timelines... Now I'm learning that these were written by some random chick called Ono Yuko. So I started to doubt their legitimacy. But there's no denying their worth now that SQEN is wasting time and money on translating these books.

If the French translations are anything to go by, then that means we're going to have an official English version that says Cloud's crush on Tifa was fleeting, and that pretty much nukes cloti regardless of what people think about the HAHW scene.

Let's pray that the English is just as anti-Cloti. :gum:

Daga15
Daga15

5:32 PM - Oct 12, 2017 #4

ji where i can buy the french version???? my father is french and i'm french teacher already so...
Make a wish upon a star...it may become true. Not now, or tomorrow but, someday i'm sure it will.

6:44 AM - Oct 18, 2017 #5

I love Dark Horse Comics. The translations they do for the Berserk manga is great, so I'm eager to see their translation works for these books. But also the discussion/s to come out, related to the translations.

@Daga15, you could try preordering the books and it's volumes on Amazon and a comic book store in your area.

Daga15
Daga15

10:38 AM - Oct 20, 2017 #6

thank you!!!
Make a wish upon a star...it may become true. Not now, or tomorrow but, someday i'm sure it will.

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

8:45 PM - Mar 19, 2018 #7

July 24th for the ultimania for FF 1-6

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506706444/re ... ia+archive

athrunchan

12:41 PM - Mar 20, 2018 #8

Jon Snow wrote:July 24th for the ultimania for FF 1-6

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506706444/re ... ia+archive
So does that mean the 7 and so on are probably released at the end of the year? Gah I'm so excited!!

Have you heard anything about On the Way to A Smile? It's coming this year too isn't it?

Kuraudo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kuraudo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

2:42 PM - Mar 24, 2018 #9

Apparently the English OtWtaS books will be out in October, I've heard.

I want to get the French Ultimania but may wait until the price drops some.

Moana
Moana

7:15 AM - Sep 18, 2018 #10

I'm getting the second ultimania about 7- 9 as a Xmas gift from my partner. He spoiled the surprise when he saw me looking at the page on amazon earlier today and was afraid I was going to buy it so told me he had preordered it as a gift. 
Which is so sweet but I am sad the surprise is ruined. Maybe I'll get on the way to a smile at the end of next month. It can be part of his present. 

It sucks they have so many mistakes and inconsistencies, a problem some compilation entries have. I really wish Square would keep better track of their own plot points and lore. 

I'll come back when it's all over
He took someone away from me