Job listing openings for FF7R level planner.

Starsong

March 13th, 2018, 4:56 am #1

The listing

Nova Crystallis article

So an update on the progress of FF7R came in the form of a job listing!

This probably means there's not a lot done in the game other than storyboard and preliminary design. I thought it would be way further ahead, but the listing has the fandom scrambling for answers.

What do you guys think?
"It was the cry of his heart that could never be healed."
Clerith discord: https://discord.gg/XHtYx6y

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

March 13th, 2018, 8:49 am #2

I think we're fcked.

They said a year and a half ago voice acting was nearly finished and that cut scenes were already being shot. They lied to us. It'll be 2020 when we see this shit.
The Iron Throne is mine...

A STORY OF A LOVE

athrunchan

March 13th, 2018, 12:47 pm #3

As a game developer, my first thought was how I could apply to be one of FF7R's core members now, but as a fan, I kinda lost hope for SQEN.

Were they lying to us? If so, why did they do that? With how things are going on right now, we'll probably get the first part of FF7R in 2020. We'll then have to wait 5 more years for the second part, then another 5 years for the third part. Holy shit that's a long way to go! :(

wordsmith

March 13th, 2018, 4:01 pm #4

I’m losing confidence on Square, at least with how they’re handling their mainline games. Doubt they would have even finished KH3 if Disney wasn’t their partner, plus the little effort SE had put there since most of the worlds there have already been 3D mapped by Disney/Pixar already.. Idk. It’s just, they don’t seem to be doing much effort.. As for the Remake.. yeah.. I wanted to be hopeful, but it seems like they’ll be on dev limbo again like what happened with FFXV.. They also said they’re open to hiring people who haven’t played/not familiar OG.. though this is purely biased of me, I find it difficult to believe that this Remake will ever pay the respect to Sakaguchi’s FFVII.. ah well. It’s still gonna be Clerith, so there’s that consolation.. other than that tho.. I’m not so sure it’s gonna as groundbreaking as OG was..
"I hunt for a sign of you in all the others." - Pablo Neruda

Ultimavara
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Ultimavara
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

March 15th, 2018, 2:32 am #5

Hey guys, I know this topic elicits some strong feelings, but please remember to watch your language, per this announcement.

As for the topic itself, I can't say I'm surprised. I figured this was probably where they still were, considering how long it's been since they first announced it, with no real news on it.
Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.

colbie
colbie

March 15th, 2018, 3:22 pm #6

wordsmith wrote:I’m losing confidence on Square, at least with how they’re handling their mainline games. Doubt they would have even finished KH3 if Disney wasn’t their partner, plus the little effort SE had put there since most of the worlds there have already been 3D mapped by Disney/Pixar already.. Idk. It’s just, they don’t seem to be doing much effort.. As for the Remake.. yeah.. I wanted to be hopeful, but it seems like they’ll be on dev limbo again like what happened with FFXV..
Yeah same here. I'm starting/ trying to move on to other series and (maybe) won't buy any future FF titles. FF7 Remake has a high chance of not coming out for a decade, like FFXV and the way FFXV turned out, it's not worth it. We know that they can pump out games within a normal timeframe because they somehow managed to do that with the FFXIII games.

If FF7 R doesn't turn out to be a massive DLC mess like FFXV, then I'll be so shocked.
We always grow back, don't we baby ?

March 16th, 2018, 3:08 am #7

I knew it was coming, given their track record and their incompetence in handling this project. Of course, similar to FFXV, you could also base it on leaks, too, before the game is released. And take into mind the way Tabata handled the development of FFXV, which seems to be similar or will be, here.

This is where the phrase, "Voting with your wallet" becomes relevant. Which is what I've done for years.

There are better games/companies, that is a given. Though I can't help but still place SE in a small part of my heart, due to its more older entries to the FF series along with other IPs.

wordsmith

March 16th, 2018, 4:21 pm #8

MaidenoftheFlowers wrote:
This is where the phrase, "Voting with your wallet" becomes relevant. Which is what I've done for years.

There are better games/companies, that is a given. Though I can't help but still place SE in a small part of my heart, due to its more older entries to the FF series along with other IPs.
I relate so much to this, Maiden. I’m a sucker for anything Final Fantasy, especially the older ones.. and I’m sure most of us will still get their hands on the Remake :lol: or I don’t know, The changes may become drastic.. they might make a different game/story completely from this too as they keep the same characters and elements.. and with that, I wouldn’t know how to feel since it’s marketing itself as a Remake XD

I’ve been liking the Opera Omnia title so far.. for a mobage, it’s pretty cool. Nothing incredibly serious, you’ve got plenty of FF characters who are not the main protagonists in the game, there’s ample fan service (I’m starting to low key crackship Zidane and Tifa they just happen to share too many scenes together) and I saw in the JP version there’s a scene with Eiko and Aerith, and I’m very excited for that :lol: :lol: it really does run on nostalgia, but it’s quite well-done, IMO. I’m still staunchly against the new Dissidia and the visual mess the gameplay is..

colbie wrote:
Yeah same here. I'm starting/ trying to move on to other series and (maybe) won't buy any future FF titles. FF7 Remake has a high chance of not coming out for a decade, like FFXV and the way FFXV turned out, it's not worth it. We know that they can pump out games within a normal timeframe because they somehow managed to do that with the FFXIII games.

If FF7 R doesn't turn out to be a massive DLC mess like FFXV, then I'll be so shocked.
It was so sad, what happened to FFXV.. it was a really fun game, but my experience in absorbing the story wasn’t good.. there was so much potential in there, and it could really have been a complete game.. I wouldn’t mind buying it if it had 2 or 3 discs and be more expensive as long as it was a complete game. I liked the lore in XV, and Noctis was a really great protagonist, but obviously they chopped all what could have been in the main game to rush-release this. Sighs. This is the thing I dread the most for the Remake.

"I hunt for a sign of you in all the others." - Pablo Neruda

pandatumble

April 29th, 2018, 6:10 pm #9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0EVMayC2GU

Hmmm.... not sure how I feel about this. I'll just sit in my corner and patiently wait 10 years until something gets published.

NC Edge

June 4th, 2018, 5:08 am #10

Although I haven't totally gone through this very heavily, I will say that this feels like another KH3 without the crazy amounts of side games, and remasters. I will say I personally am not in a rush to get to FFVIIR. Like the other games, they were fun as a game, and it was fun to see new stuff with characters I really like. But a lot of their decisions, especially in Crisis Core were kind of crazy. Hopefully they prove me wrong when they finally complete FFVIIR.