*Aeris*

8:03 AM - Feb 22, 2014 #11

In my opinion Aerith's theme does not describe so much Aerith as a character...it describes the tragedy of her life and also Cloud's pain, grief, sadness and hopelessness when Aerith died. It's also about the sacrifice Aerith made so it is a tragic song - very beautiful and hauting melody.

I think Flowers blooming in the church sounds more like Aerith as a character and it is played when you get to know more about Aerith as a _person_ (when you meet her in the church, the playground, the city of the ancients).
Aerith
"I'm...... alone..... I'm all alone now..."

Cloud
"But I'm..... we're here for you, right?"

NC Edge

11:27 AM - Aug 05, 2018 #12

I own the FF7 soundtrack; although, at some point I probably will go into more detail about my thoughts on it. For now I will say that it's one of the soundtracks that I could listen all the way through without stopping (and have). That's how much I always liked it. After my first play through, I remember stalling quite a bit to just listen to the music...I have no idea how much time I wasted just listening to Aeris' theme.

Pink Materia

3:27 AM - Aug 19, 2018 #13

I have the entire FFVII soundtrack in my iPod. some of my fave songs are the prelude, opening, heart of anxiety, battle themes, Chocobo themes, JENOVA, the motorcycle theme (best song in the game) words interrupted by fireworks, Aerith's theme and one-winged angel.

I do agree that Aerith's theme doesn't describe her very well. this is more on tragedy. this is ironic since she has a bubbly personality. Flower Blooming in the Church sounds more fitting to her character, and I love that more.
ѕнε/нεя | ριик | ιитρ | 5ω4 | α∂νσ¢αтє - яєвєℓ - ¢αяєgινєя | мєℓαи¢нσℓι¢ | ¢нασтι¢ gσσ∂ | тαυяυѕ | ѕℓутнєяιи | gαмєя gιяℓ | αиιмαℓ ℓσνєя
~
𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑤 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑜 𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑤
~
𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑢𝑠𝑏𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜

NC Edge

9:55 AM - Aug 20, 2018 #14

Yeah, that is a fair point on Aeris theme. But I do want to point out it does only really play during the tragic scenes for Aeris. Whether it is recalling what happens to her mother, or her death. So, I think that's the point. Flowers Blooming in the Church, I always considered it as her alternate theme. There is parts of what is considered her theme in it, and it's more upbeat as you said (and yeah, probably describes her character better). I don't know if it's actually officially her alternate theme, but that's what I always considered it. Kind of like "Those Chosen By the Planet" is really Sephiroth's theme, which by the way is another great song in the soundtrack, and sets the mood whenever Sephiroth shows up. But it's sadly forgotten for One Winged Angel. Which is great too. Just wish one wasn't forgotten over the other.