Final Fantasy VII: Machinabridged

Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

9:47 PM - Sep 24, 2015 #1

So, no idea if this goes here, but a friend brought this to my attention. TeamFourStar the same people who made DragonBall Z Abridged. Have made a dub also, but of FFVII.

The first 3 Episodes are on YouTube now.

Ep 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnkWNW8x6c
Ep 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tcXx_3rIM
Ep 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kr07Cf1el4

They upload them first on to their main website though: http://teamfourstar.com/
[+] Spoiler
Cloud: He took someone away from me. Forever.
Terra: So when you find him, what are you going to do?
Will killing him bring back the woman that you lost?
This isn't in any way to honor her memory.
To take your love for her and turn it into hate?

---Cloud and Terra WOFF

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

9:38 PM - Sep 25, 2015 #2

I stopped watching as soon as I saw

The Iron Throne is mine...

A STORY OF A LOVE

10:34 PM - Sep 25, 2015 #3

To be honest, yeah that part made me uncomfortable. They dog on Cloud pretty hard too.

But Barret is hilarious. There were a good amount of parts I just laughed out loud. Whoever is doing him, somebody give that man a cookie.

And that intro hits the feels.

Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

11:08 PM - Sep 25, 2015 #4

The only part I found funny was Marlene's scene.

Guy: "Hey, aren't you a little young to be running a bar?"
Marlene: *gun clicks* Aren't you a little old to be asking stupid questions?

I actually really want to wait to see how they do Aerith's character before I stop watching though. Also, they bash Cloud and Tifa's relationship pretty hard though. xD
[+] Spoiler

---Cloud and Terra WOFF

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

2:06 AM - Sep 26, 2015 #5

Really? Can you tell me how? :lol: Even if they bash clerith, so long as there's cloti bashing I'm in. :lol:
The Iron Throne is mine...

A STORY OF A LOVE

Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

3:21 AM - Sep 26, 2015 #6

Well...

Tifa: Cloud, Cloud, look at me. Who am I?

Also the beginning of Ep 3 really nails it.

Cloud: *talking to himself* All right, Cloud. Now I know the last 24 hours of your life have been pretty...abysmal. But you know what? That's what you get for hanging out with Tifa. We just can't seem to learn our lesson with her. I mean, Remember the first time we met her?

*Flash back at the water tower promise scene*

Tifa: Hi, I'm Tifa. Wanna do me a solid?
Cloud: You're eyes are pretty.

*present scene*

Cloud: Curse you! 12 year old Cloud. You know damn well you weren't looking at her eyes.

Also the ending scene of Ep. 3.

Cloud: Hey, Tifa, wanna do me a solid? AND GO #*@$% YOURSELF!!!

It's not funny, but they are basically just spoofing the whole game like it was.
[+] Spoiler

---Cloud and Terra WOFF

Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

12:36 AM - Oct 13, 2015 #7

Episode 4 is up. Aerith is portrayed as a yandere (overly attached girlfriend/dangerous stalker playing cute). So yeah, I don't think they're picking sides here. They're bashing both pairings (and girls) and doing whatever they want with the characterizations.

Youtube comments are basically like :

- "you changed Tifa but you made Aerith the exact same as she is in game"... implying that Aerith was an overly cutesy psycho in canon (many Aerith haters in the comments)
- "you made me actually like/care for Aerith, she's too cute"... implying canon Aerith was either horrible or bland in canon.
- "you made me hate Aerith more than I previously did/you made her more annoying than her canon self, congrats"... haters, yeah.

Meanwhile, in the previous videos, people are throwing pitchforks at TFS for calling Tifa a liar (and making her... I have to be honest... really OOC... Tifa is no tsundere in canon... sure, she was passive agressive at times but overall, she acted friendly and supportive... BUT she was a coward who messed up big time by lying to Cloud... this is the only thing that TFS kept accurate about Tifa's character, the liar part).

I guess what annoys me about this is that anytime Tifa/Cloti gets some criticism, even if it's for humor sake... fanboys/girls get angry. Aerith/Clerith gets bashed (while Cloti/Tifa gets glorified) ? People cheers and go along.

clippedwings

10:42 AM - Dec 01, 2015 #8

I've only watch the first 4 parts but so far I'm enjoying it and taking everything it with a grain of salt. It's all done for humor's sake, so I take it for what it is and roll with the punches.

Having said that I should also mention I completely ignore the comment section for the simple fact to avoid Clotis who take this joke a little too seriously and start to use it as proof for their dumb cause. You know there are bound to be some in the comments, "Oh, Aerith is a crazy-yandere? I knew it! That's why Tifa is better teeheehee." I care hear them now. I really don't fell like harshing my vibe.

:cleris:
I will carry you and give you life
I will cover you and show you the way
It's a sequence that you never learned
It's a lesson I will never forget

http://clippedwings-cxa.tumblr.com/

Starsong

7:16 AM - Apr 16, 2016 #9

I watched this and I actually thought it was hilarious, they ended it when they left midgar. I don't think it's been picked up back again.

I didn't really see Aerith as a yandere she was more like a ditzy airhead, and Tifa was a complete bitch who just gets Cloud in trouble.

My favorite part was Cloud letting Tifa have it at the end for being such a bitch. And every time Barret opened his mouth, he's hilarious.
"It was the cry of his heart that could never be healed."
Clerith discord: https://discord.gg/XHtYx6y

Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

3:12 PM - Apr 16, 2016 #10

Starsong wrote:I didn't really see Aerith as a yandere she was more like a ditzy airhead, and Tifa was a complete bitch who just gets Cloud in trouble.
Oh, I think they totally set her to be a yandere type character who will reveal her "dark side" more as the story progresses :

- "Oh, your friend is... a girl. How quaint." -pause- "Let's go meet her !"
- Aerith's "evil" face at the end of the last episode (you know, the character portraits)
- Barret to Aerith and Nanaki : "Neither of you is as dumb as you led on to be."
- Cloud : "I have a proposal !" Aerith :" :woot: !" Cloud : "I say we go find Sephiroth..." Aerith : "Oh..."
- Aerith : "Follow... the blood..."... what Aerith says in general in the cell seems a bit creepy...

I think this parody is setting up Aerith as a yandere who plays dumb and cute (and who Cloud presently favors) and Tifa as a bitch/tsundere (like, she treats Cloud like crap but deep down "she cares") à la Haruhi Suzumiya (who Cloud might go with at the end of the parody... willingly or under pressure, I dunno). Ahhh... it all reminds me how much I grew to hate Haruhi Suzumiya and Haruhi/Kyon. Kyon/Mikuru or Kyon/Yuki all the way.

As a side note, Nanaki makes me laugh hard in this parody (even if his personality was drastically changed for humor reasons, like Tifa's... to be honest, all the characters got some personality changes... some more than others). Barret isn't bad either.