final fantasy opera omnia

aerithbunny
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
aerithbunny
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Joined: 9:39 AM - Mar 13, 2011

1:03 PM - Nov 08, 2016 #1

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/08/di ... arly-2017/

not sure if this already had a thread, but I don't think I've seen Vanille in many side games yet. pretty awesome.
Quote
Like
Share

Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Joined: 6:39 PM - Sep 10, 2007

6:21 PM - Nov 08, 2016 #2

And Eiko is in again.
Also, the shadows behind them... I can already see Balthier (hell yeah), Ramza, Setzer (hell yeah again), Lightning and Tidus.
Quote
Like
Share

Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Joined: 3:50 PM - Sep 03, 2006

3:09 AM - Feb 05, 2017 #3

The game is out. Aerith was announced at the 30th SE Event. Chapter 1 has only been released so far, but this is the only thing CloTi wise I've seen: https://twitter.com/Eternity_Lily17/sta ... 4725989377
[+] Spoiler
Cloud: He took someone away from me. Forever.
Terra: So when you find him, what are you going to do?
Will killing him bring back the woman that you lost?
This isn't in any way to honor her memory.
To take your love for her and turn it into hate?

---Cloud and Terra WOFF
Quote
Like
Share

Kuraudo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Kuraudo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Joined: 2:06 AM - Jun 10, 2007

3:17 AM - Feb 05, 2017 #4

Any idea what's being said?
Quote
Like
Share

Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Joined: 3:50 PM - Sep 03, 2006

3:34 AM - Feb 05, 2017 #5

It's anything but CLoTi:

Cloud: 歩いて行けばいい
道中のモンスターを倒しながらな


Cloud: You should go on a long journey walking and killing monsters along the way.

Tifa: そうだね それに もしかしたら
新しい仲聞と会えるかもしれないし


Tifa: Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'll meet new friends/people.

...Something like that! Maybe those new people will be Aerith. :whistle:
[+] Spoiler
Cloud: He took someone away from me. Forever.
Terra: So when you find him, what are you going to do?
Will killing him bring back the woman that you lost?
This isn't in any way to honor her memory.
To take your love for her and turn it into hate?

---Cloud and Terra WOFF
Quote
Like
Share

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Joined: 9:48 PM - Jan 18, 2008

3:53 AM - Feb 05, 2017 #6

Yeah, I just played that part of the game. I haven't gotten the chance to transcribe it, but I read it myself and it's not cloti at all. At first, Cloud's not interested in helping them because he's after Sephiroth, he tells either moogle or Tifa (I cant remember) that he's "not interested" in saving the world. Sazh/Tifa/Warrior of Light all convince Cloud to join them after a short conversation. Cloud says he will but that he's still going through with his search for Sephiroth. So basically it's the WoFF scene where Cloud tells Lightning and Terra that even though he's helping them he's still going after Seph.

Thing is, if Aerith is alive, then why is Cloud going after Sephiroth?? I'm thinking Aerith is going to be more like an assist character or something.

When I finish my playthrough I'll post the text and stuff.



The Iron Throne is mine...


A STORY OF A LOVE
Quote
Like
Share

Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Beatrix
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Joined: 6:39 PM - Sep 10, 2007

7:05 AM - Feb 05, 2017 #7

StrayArrows wrote:Yeah, I just played that part of the game. I haven't gotten the chance to transcribe it, but I read it myself and it's not cloti at all. At first, Cloud's not interested in helping them because he's after Sephiroth, he tells either moogle or Tifa (I cant remember) that he's "not interested" in saving the world. Sazh/Tifa/Warrior of Light all convince Cloud to join them after a short conversation. Cloud says he will but that he's still going through with his search for Sephiroth. So basically it's the WoFF scene where Cloud tells Lightning and Terra that even though he's helping them he's still going after Seph.

Thing is, if Aerith is alive, then why is Cloud going after Sephiroth?? I'm thinking Aerith is going to be more like an assist character or something.

When I finish my playthrough I'll post the text and stuff.


I wonder... Maybe Cloud's search for Sephiroth isn't motivated by Aerith's death in this game. After all, in the OG, Cloud was chasing after Sephiroth already before Sephiroth killed her. I also know that the OG had deleted scenes where Cloud told Tifa he was after Sephiroth... after he and Tifa talked about the promise (so, before Cloud and Aerith even met again in the church). So, yeah... maybe Opera Omnia is exploring the Cloud/Sephiroth "bond" for now (maybe Aerith will be involved in this story to make a paralel with the OG... wait and see... I guess I'm glad she's alive this time... we need to see some Cloud/Aerith interactions).
Quote
Like
Share

Saïx
Member
Member
Saïx
Member
Member
Joined: 6:44 PM - Feb 19, 2016

10:46 AM - Feb 05, 2017 #8

Cloud did want to kill Sephiroth, he was motivated to save the world after he really met Aerith, and he didn't know Seph was alive. And with this, I don't really think there may be any CloTi reference for the rest of the game, he's treating her like always.
Quote
Like
Share

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Joined: 9:48 PM - Jan 18, 2008

9:24 PM - Feb 05, 2017 #9

Beatrix wrote:
StrayArrows wrote:Yeah, I just played that part of the game. I haven't gotten the chance to transcribe it, but I read it myself and it's not cloti at all. At first, Cloud's not interested in helping them because he's after Sephiroth, he tells either moogle or Tifa (I cant remember) that he's "not interested" in saving the world. Sazh/Tifa/Warrior of Light all convince Cloud to join them after a short conversation. Cloud says he will but that he's still going through with his search for Sephiroth. So basically it's the WoFF scene where Cloud tells Lightning and Terra that even though he's helping them he's still going after Seph.

Thing is, if Aerith is alive, then why is Cloud going after Sephiroth?? I'm thinking Aerith is going to be more like an assist character or something.

When I finish my playthrough I'll post the text and stuff.


I wonder... Maybe Cloud's search for Sephiroth isn't motivated by Aerith's death in this game. After all, in the OG, Cloud was chasing after Sephiroth already before Sephiroth killed her. I also know that the OG had deleted scenes where Cloud told Tifa he was after Sephiroth... after he and Tifa talked about the promise (so, before Cloud and Aerith even met again in the church). So, yeah... maybe Opera Omnia is exploring the Cloud/Sephiroth "bond" for now (maybe Aerith will be involved in this story to make a paralel with the OG... wait and see... I guess I'm glad she's alive this time... we need to see some Cloud/Aerith interactions).
That's what I was thinking, too. Thing is, in every cameo story Cloud's been in (Tactics, KH (arguably), Mobius, Dissidia, WoFF, etc) Cloud's story has always been about him getting revenge on Sephiroth for killing Aerith. So it's kind of odd that this latest title includes Aerith being alive. Actually, now that I think about it, Cloud's connection to Sephiroth in KH series is muddled, too. I'm not sure what to expect now.


Another possibility is that Aerith will be a storyline-less DLC character (sort of like Dissidia) and she'll be playable but lack any direct connection to the storyline. She might be apart of Cloud's storyline, but not an active character advancing the plot.

Saix wrote:And with this, I don't really think there may be any CloTi reference for the rest of the game, he's treating her like always.
Agreed. From what I'm seeing, he's rather cold to her.
The Iron Throne is mine...


A STORY OF A LOVE
Quote
Like
Share

Ultimavara
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Ultimavara
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Joined: 6:05 AM - Mar 03, 2009

10:50 PM - Feb 05, 2017 #10

Lol, Cloud tells Tifa to take a walk. That reminds me of how you tell someone you don't want to be around them by saying "take a hike." :lol:
Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.
Quote
Like
Share