Does anybody else feel done with Square ?

colbie
colbie

1:27 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #1

. The extra Final Fantasy VII games, movies and other things, not being needed despite for SE clearly making some extra moolah from fans. Yes, some parts of the FFVII story, world and universe could've used some explaition and clearing up, but Crisis Core and Advent Children just made the story even more confusing. This going on for about 2007-to about 2012 or 2013 or so.

. The FFXIII universe. Nobody really asked for FFXIII-2 or Lightning Returns.

. The whole Versus and FFXV saga. The 10 year development, the whole radio silence for years, not really being honest with fans with what's going on. FFXV then finally releasing, but clearly being broken in parts on PURPOSE, so they can easily add in DLC.

. Saying that "2018 is going to be a big year for Final Fantasy " and....... Monster Hunter x FF14 crossover........ K.

Maybe I'm just being a Drama Queen, but I feel so tired with this all.
We always grow back, don't we baby ?

pandatumble

2:21 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #2

Meeeeeeeeeeeee! But I was done with them many, many years back when they released FFX-2 and all subsequent FF games. I don't think I ever finished a FF game after X and I have ALL of them. That's right, I bought them all, played a bit and could not find the same FF-feeling from it. I didn't mind Advent Children all too much... though I can't say I was a big fan of Crisis Core's plot. It felt too much like a cheap ripoff of the FFVII plot.

On a side note.... Kingdom Hearts is turning out fine?

Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Dreamstar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

7:04 PM - Jun 13, 2018 #3

I just feel like SE games are HUGE in their open-worlds in all compared to most games these days and it's just going to be harder to finish.

People really need to realize that FFVII is a huge-ass of a game. I can understand why they are splitting it up. It's going to take awhile when it's ready, but I feel like we will get something nice when it does. PSX and TGS are coming up in a few months, so maybe then we will finally get a nice trailer.

IDK if people knew this, but SE moved in-house with most of their games, so this means they are doing them alone with NO HELP from other companies (For example; Platinum Games is helping with Babylon's Fall). This means games are being re-done from the ground up. Especially the FFVII Remake, which was being done by Cyberconnect at one point but isn't anymore.

Know that I will agree with one thing about SE. They should do like CapCom and Blizzard do and just wait till the games are halfway finished before announcing. How they did RE2 is how I would've imagined FFVIIR.
[+] Spoiler
Cloud: He took someone away from me. Forever.
Terra: So when you find him, what are you going to do?
Will killing him bring back the woman that you lost?
This isn't in any way to honor her memory.
To take your love for her and turn it into hate?

---Cloud and Terra WOFF

Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Jon Snow
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

10:20 AM - Jun 14, 2018 #4

Square Enix said they started planning/talking about FF7R in 2012, guys.

That's already 7 years.

It feels like we're back to the days when we hoped for a remake announcement... It's pointless. At this point I feel like the FF7R was a hallucination we all had and I'm done worrying/anticipating it. If it shows up, it shows up. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Square ain't getting a dime of my money unless they show me shit I want. Haven't seen it yet.

The Iron Throne is mine...

A STORY OF A LOVE

Ultimavara
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Ultimavara
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

8:59 PM - Jun 16, 2018 #5

Guys, I know I am harping on this, but we have made repeated reminders to keep profanity out of your posts, including this official announcement thread

I know that on other sites, the rules may be more relaxed, but that isn't the case on this forum. If you're unable to reign it in, we're going to have to start manually editing out your language ourselves, the same as we do for other posts that break the rules.

The other alternative is start handing out warnings, but let's try to work together to get control of this before it gets to that point.
Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.