Tom is it there yet?

Tom is it there yet?

May 13th, 2006, 6:19 pm #1

Do I need to go sell half my liver to get the parts or what...doctors are waiting.

May 13th, 2006, 6:35 pm #2

HA ! who you tryin' to fool ?!

YUH CAINT SELL A PICKLED LIVER !

May 13th, 2006, 7:34 pm #3

Then I'm fucked..bwhahahaha

May 16th, 2006, 12:25 am #4

Do I need to go sell half my liver to get the parts or what...doctors are waiting.

And so it begins....

Yes, the bench is messy.

That's all the discussion we will have on that.

I will take a couple of days to evaluate. I'll need to mod it for 6550s and toss in some I have here to test it.

More pix to follow as I describe the mods step by step.

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered… What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."
-Thomas Paine

buddymac
buddymac

May 16th, 2006, 1:15 am #5

I think I'm getting an erection, but I'll resist the urge to post a pic here.

Fantastic! I can't wait to see how it come out Bwahahahaha

sixty4fairlane
sixty4fairlane

May 16th, 2006, 12:56 pm #6

And so it begins....

Yes, the bench is messy.

That's all the discussion we will have on that.

I will take a couple of days to evaluate. I'll need to mod it for 6550s and toss in some I have here to test it.

More pix to follow as I describe the mods step by step.

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered… What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."
-Thomas Paine
I've seen that amp before. I know I have.

May 16th, 2006, 2:40 pm #7

I think I'm getting an erection, but I'll resist the urge to post a pic here.

Fantastic! I can't wait to see how it come out Bwahahahaha
6550's ! that's what he's gonna put in em . If you saw the transformers you would get wood . wood get would ?

May 16th, 2006, 7:11 pm #8

The 7027 is like a big 6L6 in tone, where the 6550 is a bit different. I mean, the 7027 is similar to the KT77 and the 8417. A big beam tetrode sound like a big 6L6. The 6550 is also a beam tetrode, but kinda harder sounding than the 7027. Anyway, I'll look at what is available and discuss here.

I'm just pondering the mods right now. Looking at what sort of preamp mods can be done and thinking about how to get the cathode bias mod to work in both full and half volume modes. Ponderin'.

I may end up having to use relays to get some switching done.

-Thomas Paine

May 16th, 2006, 11:20 pm #9

and anyway you can't get em so that narrows the field .
Have you thought about pittmans 6ca7 ? it's supposed to have an active beam forming element maybe it sounds like a big 6l6 ? although it specs like an el34 !

May 17th, 2006, 1:20 am #10

A modern production 8417 would probably have very similar guts to a modern production 7027. Can't tell what you are getting anymore.

-Thomas Paine