Still vaporware?

Still vaporware?

April 16th, 2011, 2:04 am #1

(If it turns out that this is "old news" just chalk it up to me being deficient in "keeping up"!

Finally, 5 days after it lands in my mailbox, I look at the latest "Christmas Catalog" from Summit.  What to my wonderous eyes should appear but the long talked-about EFI intake lower-half from Trick-Flow.  But of course, there's a catch; two actually.  

They're advertising the lower half  (only) in both Cleveland-block (9.2) and "Clevor"-block (9.5) deck heights for $400; but nothing advertised for a "Both halves" package.  Okay, I can deal with that, but there's no catalog listing for "Upper halves only". Does this mean I gotta buy a complete Windsor pair AND the Cleveland lower and be stuck with a useless Windsor lower?  Hmmmmm, let's check their website, the catalog doesn't like to talk about Clevelands, soooo.......

Yes, you can get a "Street Heat" or "Box-R" upper separately from the website; but there's NO mention of the Cleveland/Clevor lowers.  AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Sure would like to hear that these are out there soon.... got about $4k in tax refunds waiting to be dumped into my bank account,  SWMBO just MIGHT let me claim some of it this time! 

April 16th, 2011, 2:55 pm #2

I just called Summit.

I don't know why they are listed separately rather than as a pair, but you can buy the upper and the lower. Summit has them in inventory right now.

I just bought the lower - it fits both 4V iron heads and 2V style heads - and I bought a Box R style upper set up for a 90 mm throttle body to go with it.

I don't think you're behind the times, this is the first I've heard of their availability... and I've been talking to Trick Flow and Summit regularly for the last 6 months since the 2011 online Trick Flow catalog showed the EFI Cleveland parts.
Last edited by 70vert on April 16th, 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 16th, 2011, 4:39 pm #3

"I just bought the lower - it fits both 4V iron heads and 2V style heads"

So does this mean they are 2V size ports? Is there enough meat to port them to 4V size?

April 16th, 2011, 5:28 pm #4

I just called Summit.

I don't know why they are listed separately rather than as a pair, but you can buy the upper and the lower. Summit has them in inventory right now.

I just bought the lower - it fits both 4V iron heads and 2V style heads - and I bought a Box R style upper set up for a 90 mm throttle body to go with it.

I don't think you're behind the times, this is the first I've heard of their availability... and I've been talking to Trick Flow and Summit regularly for the last 6 months since the 2011 online Trick Flow catalog showed the EFI Cleveland parts.
If you have pics of the ports on the lower could you post them please...

Matty

April 18th, 2011, 10:23 pm #5

"I just bought the lower - it fits both 4V iron heads and 2V style heads"

So does this mean they are 2V size ports? Is there enough meat to port them to 4V size?
The Trick Flow ports (at the head) are 2.1 x 1.5.

I believe that iron 4V heads have intake ports measuring 2.38 x 1.63.

2V Iron Cleveland head ports are 1.90 x 1.28.

When I get the intake I will compare locations of the ports and take photos. There are already photos posted on this forum if you don't want to wait.

April 21st, 2011, 12:11 am #6

If you have pics of the ports on the lower could you post them please...

Matty
Here's a link to the photos on photobucket.

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb415/Mykle2/

April 21st, 2011, 12:58 am #7

Cool thanks for sharing these pictures with us
-blizz

do woodchucks chuck wood??... HEY YOU WOODCHUCKS!! QUIT CHUKIN MY WOOD!

April 21st, 2011, 5:49 am #8

Oh, my-mymymymy..... such a beautiful sight!   Aw, h-e- {ck}, I just gotta add a  DAY-UM!

Big problem: How'm I gonna fit a Box R upper under a '73 Cougar hood?  Does anybody mold a piece of 'glas big enough to hide the top half of that sucker??? Maybe a Boss 9 suitcase?

Obviousltotta get a bigger checking account, too!

April 21st, 2011, 10:03 am #9

-blizz

Will that clear a mustang hood?
It looks about as tall as a tunnelram....

April 21st, 2011, 3:35 pm #10

-blizz

Hey Blizz, could you measure the overall hieght of it? Looks like it might work on my 72.