???Question on this crankshaft??????

???Question on this crankshaft??????

October 19th, 2010, 2:46 pm #1

Ford Racing M-6303-E351

351c mains

Came across this never been used crank, have the bearings to go with it too.....

My question is..... will it go into a 351c block?

From what I have found is that this is one of those 351w cranks w/351c mains.

Worth keeping or is it a paper weight?

October 19th, 2010, 4:05 pm #2

if longer than stock Cleveland con rods are needed to clear the counterweights, stock height Cleveland pistons won't work & you'll need 'shorter' pistons. being that it's a 3.5" stroke coming up with a piston/rod combo that fits in a Cleveland block shouldn't be a problem. you'll still need a compatible timing set and verify TDC on the balancer aligns with the pointer during build

"does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle?"
Last edited by tinman351 on October 19th, 2010, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2011, 1:04 am #3

Ford Racing M-6303-E351

351c mains

Came across this never been used crank, have the bearings to go with it too.....

I also have the motorsport spacer for this crank as well (it was in the bottom of the box with the bearing spacers and bearings).

Quick question for ya, could this crank be ground offset? Like say 3.7? I say this because I got it sitting here and it is doin nothing and I have nothing into it, I figured maybe a low budget stroker piece.

whatta ya think?

Matty

July 15th, 2011, 10:00 pm #4

Ford Racing M-6303-E351

351c mains

Any stroker Guru's? N/M

July 15th, 2011, 10:32 pm #5

I also have the motorsport spacer for this crank as well (it was in the bottom of the box with the bearing spacers and bearings).

Quick question for ya, could this crank be ground offset? Like say 3.7? I say this because I got it sitting here and it is doin nothing and I have nothing into it, I figured maybe a low budget stroker piece.

whatta ya think?

Matty
if you don't have any $ into it to begin with? then offset grinding it might still be a swingin deal...

but you might come out even if you just sold that crank and bought a longer throw rather than making one. i guess you'd have to get a specific price from a grinder to know?

also maybe the most important factor is what the minimum rod length is to clear the throws especially after offset grinding, and whether you can fill the 8 holes economically or will you need custom* pistons?

* what used to be custom ~may~ be found 'on the shelf' these days but even stock dimension forged FT's aren't exactly cheap any more

there'll be phantoms, there'll be fires on the road... and the white man dancing
Last edited by tinman351 on July 15th, 2011, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2011, 10:54 pm #6

Any stroker Guru's? N/M
offset grinding to 3.7 will surely cut thru that .

that's right man we got mills that'll blow that heap of yours right off the road .

July 15th, 2011, 11:02 pm #7

Did not know that, thanks for the info. Still thinking about what to do with the crank, its brandy new with the bearings and spacers for a 351w block. Considered trying to put it in a 351c block but not sure yet.

Matty