Question about a Parker Funnelweb

Question about a Parker Funnelweb

June 10th, 2012, 12:25 am #1

I know that the 4v funnelweb was designed for 4v stuffed heads, but lets say I wanted to put one on 2v heads. How big of a port mismatch would I have. I plan to get some CHI or AFD heads at some point, but it will be a long time. It would just be hard for me to justify spending the coin on a 2v model now, then getting a 4v model later. Not to mention that they are getting hard to find since they stopped making them. So would I be able to play around with the ports and get them somewhat close?

Anyone know when Parker is going to be comming out with the new intake that was being talked about? Or would I just be better off with a different intake all together.

June 10th, 2012, 5:42 am #2

if roll my butt out i can take a pic tomorrow(later today) if nobody finds it in the Wiki, back pages or posts one first

there'll be phantoms, there'll be fires on the road... and the white man dancing

June 10th, 2012, 4:01 pm #3

That would be great. I don't have a Parker in my possesion yet, so that is why I ask. If I had one already, or one I could look at in person, I would just hold a 2v gasket to it to see the differance.

Wonder if anyone here has a spare Parker they want to sell? I am looking at one, but it may fall through.

June 11th, 2012, 4:43 am #4

better than a 1000 words

-G

Pantera Photos | 351C Historic Information | 351C Technical Information

The Substitute for Cubic Inches is Large Valve Area, Low Friction, a Wide Powerband, and the Right Amount of Crank Arm Leverage!

June 11th, 2012, 8:46 pm #5

Maybe I will just stick with my X-celerator for now. Sure would look much better with a Funnelweb though. Maybe the next build will be a Funnelweb with a big throttle body and a turbo or two.

June 14th, 2012, 6:05 am #6

sorry, the gaskets that are accessible on my 2V heads are 4V Doh!

but yeah the roof of a 4V port is higher than a 2V, and the floor of a Parker 4V is higher than the floor of both the 2V and 4V so Georges diagram thang is representative hight-wise...

but i was wondering if the port sides actually align or if they're offset some due to difference in width and or location, maybe one side pretty much lines up and the other is off?

or is the Parker port width about the same as 2V?

there'll be phantoms, there'll be fires on the road... and the white man dancing

June 14th, 2012, 1:39 pm #7

but I'm tied up after work for the next 4-5 days straight. If I can remember to do it, I'll drag the pieces out and take some pics. From what I remember, the 4V FW has the port way too high to mate with a 2V head, but the port sides line up reasonably well.

1967 Falcon 4 door 351C-4V
1970 Mustang 351C-2V
http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod
Owner built, owner abused.

June 18th, 2012, 3:33 am #8

I know that the 4v funnelweb was designed for 4v stuffed heads, but lets say I wanted to put one on 2v heads. How big of a port mismatch would I have. I plan to get some CHI or AFD heads at some point, but it will be a long time. It would just be hard for me to justify spending the coin on a 2v model now, then getting a 4v model later. Not to mention that they are getting hard to find since they stopped making them. So would I be able to play around with the ports and get them somewhat close?

Anyone know when Parker is going to be comming out with the new intake that was being talked about? Or would I just be better off with a different intake all together.
You'd have a hard time getting it to seal up IMHO. The ports are shifted up from the 2V location and almost outside the top of the gasket.

Offset gasket to show how close port is to the top edge:

1967 Falcon 4 door 351C-4V
1970 Mustang 351C-2V
http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod
Owner built, owner abused.
Last edited by Falcon67 on June 18th, 2012, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.