Pushrod / Rocker Arm Geometry

Pushrod / Rocker Arm Geometry

May 19th, 2012, 1:16 am #1

Hi folks, I am the broken rocker arm guy. We have a new set of rocker arms(Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum ChromeMoly Roller Rockers 1630) and the shop would like to know the correct geometry so that they can work on checking for and ordering the proper set of pushrods. I had 8.300" pushrods. Does anyone have anything like that so I can provide it for the shop as they try to test for the correct length rod?

Thanks, Dan.

The previous thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/t ... ocker+Arms

Last edited by danorth on May 19th, 2012, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 19th, 2012, 1:36 am #2

WHOA! What do you mean your shop wants to know the correct geometry? They should have some adjustable push rods so the can set the correct geometry. You better make sure they know what they are doing. Most cam companys have the instructions on their web sites. Hope this helps. Greg

May 19th, 2012, 3:00 pm #3

^^^^^^^
X2

May 19th, 2012, 3:40 pm #4

Hi folks, I am the broken rocker arm guy. We have a new set of rocker arms(Comp Cams Ultra Pro Magnum ChromeMoly Roller Rockers 1630) and the shop would like to know the correct geometry so that they can work on checking for and ordering the proper set of pushrods. I had 8.300" pushrods. Does anyone have anything like that so I can provide it for the shop as they try to test for the correct length rod?

Thanks, Dan.

The previous thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/t ... ocker+Arms
Brent Lykins
B2 Motorsports, LLC

May 19th, 2012, 5:23 pm #5

Is this the same shop that set them up before?

May 19th, 2012, 6:28 pm #6

My uncle used an adjustable pushrod to determine what he figured was the proper length. Then I called in the order to MME and asked if 8.300" sounded right and was told yes and they shipped them. Since then my uncle had a stroke and I'm not involving him in this for the obvious reasons: I don't want him to think he made a mistake, because I don't know that he did, and I don't want to add stress. So, I have the car at a shop that seems to do everything and they had asked for a visual for the geometry. They have the adjustable rod as well. MME had offered to provide a picture for help and has talked to the local shop since I had ordered all of my parts through aside of the scat kit and Mark is quite helpful. But I have not heard back from him since my request. So, I just figured I'd ask on here as to not bug them.

May 19th, 2012, 6:59 pm #7

They have the engine, your 8.300" pushrods, in addition to an adjustable pushrod and they're asking for what proper geometry looks like?

Brent Lykins
B2 Motorsports, LLC

May 19th, 2012, 7:29 pm #8

Just have them put no 1rockers on roll engine over and if roller tip stays as close to center of valve tip as possible your good! Brent is right they should know how to to this already? Maybe blizzard can set up link to the listing on this forum so you can print it off and give it to them ??

May 19th, 2012, 8:02 pm #9

They have the engine, your 8.300" pushrods, in addition to an adjustable pushrod and they're asking for what proper geometry looks like?

Brent Lykins
B2 Motorsports, LLC

There is a link in the first post that goes to a thread on here where it shows all 4 of my rocker arms busted on the intake/driver side. I had the 8.3" in there and something went wrong. So the local shop who only helped finish some loose ends that the previous shop couldn't do (this experience has been something else) and get the rockers adjusted with the pushrods that were provided by me got the car started and all seemed ok and sent it home with me. Things went to shit slowly and I'm not a gear head so I brought it back and that's when we saw the rockers busted. So the current shop spoke with MME to try and troubleshoot where to begin and decided that perhaps the pushrods were too long. After a discussion between the 2 of them, it was decided to use the adjustable pushrod, and see what they can with the new rockers. The proper geometry was mentioned and offered, and my shop would like to see it since their experience with clevelands/hydraulic lifters/other components involved is less than the supplier's experience (MME). So, I'm in the middle. Moral of the story, buy a motor that is turn key ready....regardless of the price. Hope the link provided in the first post along with this helps.

May 19th, 2012, 8:04 pm #10

Just have them put no 1rockers on roll engine over and if roller tip stays as close to center of valve tip as possible your good! Brent is right they should know how to to this already? Maybe blizzard can set up link to the listing on this forum so you can print it off and give it to them ??
And I will certainly pass it on.