Phaez Daisycutter

Phaez Daisycutter

August 25th, 2009, 8:40 pm #1

Thought you guys would find this interesting - my new 14 Watt Pheaz Daisycutter. I ordered just the chassis so I could put it in a combo cab with two 12" Weber British Series ceramic speakers. The amp is amazing. It has Marshall/Hiwatt hi-gain, yet can play creamy rich clean tones as well as my Ceriatone BF Vibro Champ. It's a hi-gain amp by design, yet the clean tones are fantastic. What makes it perfect for me is that is can run the full tone range at very low volumes. However, the open back 2x12 can really project when cranked. Two el84s and three 12AX7s.

August 27th, 2009, 2:21 am #2

Stuff with tag boards aint.

Was that a kit or did you buy it built? Did it come with a schematic?

"That wasn't any farewell slap." -Dick Powell

September 4th, 2009, 1:02 am #3

That's right tag board(old Fender) is NOT point to point and neither is terminal strip(Hiwatt) construction. My favorite is probably tag board as about the best compromise between serviceability and durability. Fender had it figured out.. Also didn't the use of tagboards allow Fender to outsource some of that component stuffing work to Mexico?

September 13th, 2009, 11:50 pm #4

Tom, Phaez sell complete heads including the cabinet. I ordered mine without a cabinet, but it was a completely functioning chassis - tubes and all. Since the amps are built to order, I ordered the following three upgrades: upgraded components (caps & resistors), several speaker taps, and a variable negative feedback loop.

September 15th, 2009, 8:52 pm #5

Tom, I don't have a schematic. However, you bring up a good point. I'll see if I can get one in case I need local repairs.