PA speaker

PA speaker

August 5th, 2007, 10:53 pm #1

Local Radio Shack has an inexpensive "made in China" PA speaker for sale. Wondering if this could be used as a monitor for electric keyboard via a primary amp. I would run the keys into the "keyboard/Bass amp, then run a line in series to the cheap "made in China" speaker. Would it work? (Yes, I too would prefer to buy American, but the local music stores do not stock anything workable.)

August 5th, 2007, 11:39 pm #2

If it will handle 100 watts, it will probably work.

TIME Magazine's 2006 Man of the Year

August 6th, 2007, 2:15 pm #3

$100.00. Do I go from Line Out, Aux Out, or what, from the good Amp? belongs to the bass player so I'm not looking at it now.

August 6th, 2007, 7:33 pm #4

bop
bop

August 7th, 2007, 12:10 am #5

it's just a speaker. The Bass/Keyboard amp would have to supply power, which is why I'm wondering if I can power that speaker in series via an output jack from the amp.

Bop

August 7th, 2007, 1:50 pm #6

Power the PA speaker from a speaker output from the Bass/Keyboard amp.

But, if you have an extra amp handy now or in the future, take the line out from the Bass/Keyboard amp to that new amp. Using a separate amp with an input level control will allow you to control the overall level of the monitor so you aren't driving yourself deaf. :-0

August 18th, 2007, 6:32 pm #7

The Bass amp has a 1/4 jack labeled "bi-amp out". Not sure exactly what this means, and I didn't have time or a spare cable to experiment. I mwill get to the bottom of this. Job went well though.

bopper
bopper

March 18th, 2008, 9:15 pm #8

Local Radio Shack has an inexpensive "made in China" PA speaker for sale. Wondering if this could be used as a monitor for electric keyboard via a primary amp. I would run the keys into the "keyboard/Bass amp, then run a line in series to the cheap "made in China" speaker. Would it work? (Yes, I too would prefer to buy American, but the local music stores do not stock anything workable.)
I bought a powered 4 channel mixer and two speakers as a system. Don't have the brand name on me, but it's pretty cheap. With 4 good cables, it cost me $400.00. It works ok for monitors though and I can use it as a backup PA if I have to. I'll post the specs later, but it is nothing exciting. This stuff is all overpriced, and I presume made in China.

bop