Not a cleveland but interesting!!

Not a cleveland but interesting!!

March 24th, 2013, 3:34 pm #1

Check it out boys!! Rotary valve Windsor being built in Melbourne Austraila?

March 24th, 2013, 3:35 pm #2

March 24th, 2013, 5:48 pm #3

I've been toying mentally for years with finding a good way to do a rotary valve system. Interesting method they have settled on. Thanks for the pointers, Steve.

A Visigoth explains the sack of Rome: We wanted art, literature...culture! We're sorry we broke some stuff.

April 1st, 2013, 1:37 pm #4

Last edited by cobrarkc on April 1st, 2013, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2013, 6:38 pm #5

It's a neat idea because it eliminates all of the rpm limitation imposed by an engine using a standard poppet valve. The problem they've always had is the expansion rates of different materials causing the rotors to seize up and sealing the rotors to the chamber. A company in australia supposedly made a V10 version for F1 that was supposed to be more efficient and powerful but F1 changed the rules to ban it. If you read the article on yellow bullet it tells of how this is a father son project so I wish them all the best with it. But I don't think it'll amount to anything more then a conversation piece.
Last edited by Booyah45828 on April 1st, 2013, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2013, 12:46 am #6

Check it out boys!! Rotary valve Windsor being built in Melbourne Austraila?
approach by the looks, concept brings more issues to the table than removes from same table
At some point in the brainstorming process, the team should look to evaluate and shelve the impractical ideas, I think they forgot to do that step.

April 2nd, 2013, 3:54 am #7

but that would be boring

April 2nd, 2013, 5:32 am #8

I remember a long time ago reading about this type of set up and how difficult it was to get right but now i think it could be a lot easier to perfect with the advent of some help full tech improvements being modern ecu's variable valve timing and dfi direct fuel injection all now found on modern vehicles.If the rotary valve was to only handle air and cam phaseing and dfi was electronically controlled it would make it a hell of a lot easier,also trying to remember where i read about a camless engine running electronic activated valves with no springs and dfi ,no throttle body the ecu would vary the lift and duration of the valve to increase the rpms with the dfi squirting in the fuel might have been a tech thing from hyundi ill track it down if i can .

April 2nd, 2013, 5:39 am #9

n/m

-G

Pantera Photos | Pantera Motors | Six Photo Albums of 351C Info | One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

April 2nd, 2013, 9:02 am #10

I remember a long time ago reading about this type of set up and how difficult it was to get right but now i think it could be a lot easier to perfect with the advent of some help full tech improvements being modern ecu's variable valve timing and dfi direct fuel injection all now found on modern vehicles.If the rotary valve was to only handle air and cam phaseing and dfi was electronically controlled it would make it a hell of a lot easier,also trying to remember where i read about a camless engine running electronic activated valves with no springs and dfi ,no throttle body the ecu would vary the lift and duration of the valve to increase the rpms with the dfi squirting in the fuel might have been a tech thing from hyundi ill track it down if i can .
A bloke by the name of Dave Dunstan from Australia built a few back in the 50's-60's for holden 6 engines