Nitrous on original blocks

Nitrous on original blocks

July 7th, 2011, 9:05 am #1

Hey guys
looking at buying a motor of a mate.

393 crank, most likely 030 factory block, grouted to water pump holes I believe.
Had some hard driving ie; couple of burnout comps and powercruise events was built about 2 years ago.

Question is its had a bit of gas 100-150 shot I think, a couple of times. How would a factory block handle that??

Cheers Scott

July 8th, 2011, 3:58 pm #2

the block will put up with n2o for some time but you need a massive fuel pump , known good fuel pressure gauge , the floats must be tip top not bent up crooked or anything etc etc , and tough pistons !

that's right man we got mills that'll blow that heap of yours right off the road .

July 9th, 2011, 4:33 pm #3

Hey guys

393 crank, most likely 030 factory block, grouted to water pump holes I believe.
Had some hard driving ie; couple of burnout comps and powercruise events was built about 2 years ago.

Question is its had a bit of gas 100-150 shot I think, a couple of times. How would a factory block handle that??

Cheers Scott
Are you gonna throw N2O at it? If not run it. If you are just keep an eye on the plugs

July 10th, 2011, 12:36 pm #4

the block will put up with n2o for some time but you need a massive fuel pump , known good fuel pressure gauge , the floats must be tip top not bent up crooked or anything etc etc , and tough pistons !

that's right man we got mills that'll blow that heap of yours right off the road .
Its running SRP forged flat tops 3cc relief.
Plugs are quite black.

Its had nos on it before. Im not going to run it.
Was just curious on how much the block take.

Thanks for the replys guys

July 10th, 2011, 4:48 pm #5

Hey guys

Cheers Scott
100-150 HP NO2 shot is not much. I am spraying that much at a stock cast piston motor with no problems.
Andy

July 12th, 2011, 10:14 pm #6

Scott, might be barking up the wrong tree but does the engine in question belong to a bloke called "Palf"?