Help..... Which Fuel pump..?

Help..... Which Fuel pump..?

September 20th, 2011, 1:23 pm #1

Came into the office today and smelled gasoline... So I went out to the attached shop and found a puddle of gas under the Bronco's fuel pump.

The Bronco just has a factory style Carter pump, and I would like a different style as this pump points the lines directly into the frame rails, I have less than an 1-1/2" to sneak the hoses onto the barbs, and would like to change the routing either towards the back or perhaps split with the in from the rear of the engine and tho the carb to the front.

I'm only feeding a Eldelbrock 600 so I don't need RobbMc's super awesome fuel pump, (although it would fix my inlet and out problems)

Ideas? what would you choose Summit seems to have a bunch of options, I just know I don't want a POS.
-blizz

Never Pet a burning dog, and don't fry bacon naked... Gary Busey on Celeb Apprentice.
Last edited by blizzardND on September 20th, 2011, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 20th, 2011, 1:42 pm #2

...muscle car pump. I'd get the one with pipe fittings, then use either a 90° fitting, a 90° AN adapter, etc.

Brent Lykins
B2 Motorsports, LLC

September 20th, 2011, 2:46 pm #3

on Carter. Don't forget to closely check your oil for gas contamination as a busted diaphragm can pump gas directly in through the fuel pump cavity.

September 20th, 2011, 5:07 pm #4

Came into the office today and smelled gasoline... So I went out to the attached shop and found a puddle of gas under the Bronco's fuel pump.

The Bronco just has a factory style Carter pump, and I would like a different style as this pump points the lines directly into the frame rails, I have less than an 1-1/2" to sneak the hoses onto the barbs, and would like to change the routing either towards the back or perhaps split with the in from the rear of the engine and tho the carb to the front.

I'm only feeding a Eldelbrock 600 so I don't need RobbMc's super awesome fuel pump, (although it would fix my inlet and out problems)

Ideas? what would you choose Summit seems to have a bunch of options, I just know I don't want a POS.
-blizz

Never Pet a burning dog, and don't fry bacon naked... Gary Busey on Celeb Apprentice.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-351 ... 1e66f5f376

I don't know, it could be a pos? but it is clockable and it's CHROME! For that kinda money, give it a shot?

September 20th, 2011, 5:31 pm #5

Add another project for this weekend

-blizz

September 20th, 2011, 6:44 pm #6

i was looking at some 6 valve pumps on one of the 'big box' sites, do ya think it's possible to build a Cleveland 6 valve using the lower 1/2 from BBC pump... just remove the bottom of the Cleveland pump and swap on the lower section from the 6 valve?

then sell off the remains as a std BBC pump

there'll be phantoms, there'll be fires on the road... and the white man dancing

September 20th, 2011, 8:36 pm #7

-blizz

because of the smaller float bowl which must admit fuel longer at a time , and makes it more frothy while doing so

Last thing anybody heard, was when I started screamin'....Catch me if you can

September 22nd, 2011, 1:14 am #8

-blizz

You realize that is a pro comp part? I figured after all the smashing of their cylinder heads I should point it out that its just another cheap chinese knock off.

September 22nd, 2011, 2:41 am #9

i didn't catch that that was a pro-crap, but I appreciate Tin, taking the time to find and post it for me.

I got a Carter one ordered locally.
blizz