Good news on iron!!!

Good news on iron!!!

June 2nd, 2012, 6:52 pm #1

After all the waiting, and setting up of the pattern for high production, good iron castings were poured yesterday. I incorporated a core moving solution that proved 100% effective. The owner of the foundry couldn't even detect my solution. 2 castings poured yesterday and 2 more to come next week. Now that the iron is to my liking, moving ahead without reserve is comfortable. I had a bad week in some respects but these beautiful castings made it all fade away.

Giddyup!

Tod

June 2nd, 2012, 8:06 pm #2

That's good news Tod we knew you would get it done! Lots of guys around here getting excited about your block! The small block chebby is really going to get hit with a tough Cleveland & Windsor block available!looks like Total Performance is back at Ford!

June 3rd, 2012, 1:30 am #3

After all the waiting, and setting up of the pattern for high production, good iron castings were poured yesterday. I incorporated a core moving solution that proved 100% effective. The owner of the foundry couldn't even detect my solution. 2 castings poured yesterday and 2 more to come next week. Now that the iron is to my liking, moving ahead without reserve is comfortable. I had a bad week in some respects but these beautiful castings made it all fade away.

Giddyup!

Tod
way to go.

-G

June 3rd, 2012, 3:23 am #4

Giddyup!

Tod
Excellent work and thanks for persevering through all this. I'm not sure many could have handled all the setbacks as well as you have. I look forward to having one of these blocks under the hood one day!!

June 3rd, 2012, 8:51 pm #5

Giddyup!

Tod
Latch on and don't let go until you wear 'em down. I admire that attitude.

Congratulations!

-------------------------------------
Doug

June 3rd, 2012, 10:12 pm #6

I may use that as the name of the block. I am an alumnus of Butler U.

Some graphics help would be nice.

Tod
Last edited by 427351designer on June 3rd, 2012, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 3rd, 2012, 11:46 pm #7

>> I may use that as the name of the block. I am an alumnus of Butler U.

Go right ahead, I have no claim on it. "Buttermore Bulldog" does have a ring to it

>> Some graphics help would be nice.

I'm no artist, but there's lots of public domain clip art out there to work with.

Somebody might be able to take something like this (as a random example) and tweak it to suit:

There might be some users on this board who are good with Photoshop that might pitch in? If not, I have a friend who is fairly adept with it who might be able to help if he has time.

-------------------------------------
Doug

June 4th, 2012, 12:38 pm #8

Giddyup!

Tod
Tod that is great news, we are all behind you man.

June 8th, 2012, 7:52 pm #9

Good work , how about the progress for the aluminum block ?
Doing a new build and want to start on a new block, have received a new set off SCM heads and intake, and yes the are really nice and the best thing is they look like stock 4v on the outside and hi.tech on the inside, good work Scott.

Be careful about using Bulldog name it has some bad vibration's.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showt ... p?t=342038

Ac Cobra 393C .Ford GT40 sbf 302.Buick GS TA455 stage2.

June 11th, 2012, 11:24 am #10

I know Bradshaw, but hadn't heard about this Buick thing. Last I knew he was working on it, but never heard more through my acquaintances.

Since I make alot of heads everyday and plan to make at least 3 blocks in the end maybe "Blockheads" would work. Besides, only a blockhead would stick with a project with so many set backs.

Put together two more molds Saturday which will be poure today. Hopefully we get two more successful castings. I'm going to go through my emails and let all the interested parties know iron is a go if I see good results tomorrow. These first 4 are already spoken for.

Tod