DIS for the cleveland

DIS for the cleveland

June 24th, 2012, 5:05 pm #1

Anyone seen or used this ignition? Looks like it could clean-up wiring if running a blower/supercharger. Any thoughts on this? www.compu-tronix.com Gary

June 24th, 2012, 7:21 pm #2

it would clean up the plug wiring for a blower but the sender is still the same size as a dizzy, you'd still need the Ford specific offset drive or have the lung positioned high or back enough to clear the sender

i wonder if their system will work with the AEM sender or a Ford unit? i looked around the site but didn't see anywhere they stated whether it works off 36-1 or 24-1 or whatever the options are. another advantage to some with the AEM is that it generates signal for both the crank and cam position so you can sneak a Cleveland into a late model, run the factory controller and tune with a handheld

http://www.compu-tronix.com/ does look like an affordable DIS though, easy to drop $600 on a dizzy, coil & box

i'll add the link to my Go Distributorless thread in The Links
http://www.network54.com/Forum/136503/t ... ibutorless

there'll be phantoms, there'll be fires on the road... and the white man dancing

June 24th, 2012, 11:58 pm #3

Anyone seen or used this ignition? Looks like it could clean-up wiring if running a blower/supercharger. Any thoughts on this? www.compu-tronix.com Gary
I have an older Electromotive system sitting on the shelf, ready for installation if I ever decide to install
my dual Dominator induction system. It's a crank triggered, 4-coil, wasted spark system. I've been told that
a wasted spark ignition can be built with coils on each plug, which cleans up the wiring even more, but I
haven't seen this done yet. As far as I'm concerned that would be the best of both worlds. No long spark plug
wires, but no cam position sensor either.

I manufactured this oil pump driver to replace the distributor, only sticks up 1" above the distributor hole.

Last edited by gpence on June 24th, 2012, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.