D0AE-9425-L CobraJet Intake

April 8th, 2013, 8:37 am #1

Hello,
I've found a CobraJet D0AE-9425-L (9K15) intake for sale here, its the square-bore version so i guess its preferred over the spreadbore.

I have a Torker today and wanna swap it for a dual-plane. Is it worth buying or should i save for the Air Gap / Blue Thunder instead (which digs a big hole in my budget).

I've got a 6k cam going in, but dont plan revving higher than that. Would this D0AE-intake do the job?

April 8th, 2013, 1:42 pm #2

I believe the Alloy versions were nearly identical to the cast iron Dual planes,

but this day and age the Alloy ones go for much more than the Torker or the Air Gap,
and if you don't like it you have some great trading stock.

~blizz

351C.net, not just any old internet car forum,

April 8th, 2013, 8:36 pm #3

My boss 351 had the aluminum Intake and sperad bore carb new, they may be worth alot to some one that is restoring a car! I took the Manifold and Carb off my engine and replaced it with a torquer and a 3310 780 holley carb! Both the drive abuilaty and performance were improved a bunch ! If your looking for performance these manifolds and carbs are not the way to go. The carb was the cause of the driving problems but the manifold being a sperad bore didn't work well with an adapter and a holley!

April 8th, 2013, 9:38 pm #4

Hello,
I've found a CobraJet D0AE-9425-L (9K15) intake for sale here, its the square-bore version so i guess its preferred over the spreadbore.

I have a Torker today and wanna swap it for a dual-plane. Is it worth buying or should i save for the Air Gap / Blue Thunder instead (which digs a big hole in my budget).

I've got a 6k cam going in, but dont plan revving higher than that. Would this D0AE-intake do the job?
The D0AE-L intake manifold works as good as any of the factory dual plane intakes. It performs OK, it will "do the job". The only problem with the D0AE-L manifold is that its a 4 hole manifold, designed for a 630 cfm Autolite/Motorcraft 4300A carb. If you plan to use a bigger carb, you'll have to increase the size of the holes or run a 4 hole spacer and live with the mismatch.

By the way, that's not actually a Cobra Jet manifold, its an M-code manifold.

-G

Pantera Photos | Pantera Motors | Six Photo Albums of 351C Info | One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six

April 9th, 2013, 8:18 am #5

Hello,

Ok, thanks. Im gonna pass on this one and save up for a air-gap/blue thunder instead.