351C fox body

June 18th, 2010, 1:17 am #11

while i had been making plans to build a 4v cleveland powered maverick, a 79 mustang maybe falling into my lap. i know that with enough creativity (and sometimes a large hammer) one can fit almost any engine into any chassis, and i have seen pix of a few cars with this combo. so my questions revolve around what others have done here for this combo (headers, motor mounts, gear ratios, k-members, suspension upgrades). obviously there are many variables, but what have you guys done that works well for a strip only car. thanks in advance
Heres a couple pictures of my cleveland fox combo. I used a QA1 k-member and flaming river rack, canton oil pan, hpm solid motor mounts, and hedman headers without any issues. When i changed to chi heads, had to grind some clearance to the trans crossmember for the headers because the exhaust ports are raised a little. I also have the frame tied with a 9in rear and adjustable control arms. Car weighs 2850 with me in it. Put that cleveland in there and kick some butt!

June 18th, 2010, 2:12 am #12

I am not a fan of the flat collector and the thin flanges. The tube gauge seems thin to me also. I have had two versions of the kooks and liked them both, two barrel and four.
87 Boss351 what kind of times are you getting with that beauty!

June 18th, 2010, 2:22 am #13

Best time 6.67 @ 103 with the stock 4v heads. Havent sorted out the new combo with chi heads yet.

June 18th, 2010, 11:46 am #14

nice pictures thanks

June 18th, 2010, 1:49 pm #15

while i had been making plans to build a 4v cleveland powered maverick, a 79 mustang maybe falling into my lap. i know that with enough creativity (and sometimes a large hammer) one can fit almost any engine into any chassis, and i have seen pix of a few cars with this combo. so my questions revolve around what others have done here for this combo (headers, motor mounts, gear ratios, k-members, suspension upgrades). obviously there are many variables, but what have you guys done that works well for a strip only car. thanks in advance
but Holcomb motorsports provided me with some nice hand made (welded from bends) headers that had std square collectors. Collectors slipped and each cyl flange was separate on to allow individual tubes to be installed. These put 4v heads in fox chassis.

Shane

June 20th, 2010, 10:57 pm #16

Here is a set of the Hedman Headers for the 351C/ Fox body. I thought they looked pretty quality.
I have an old set of slip tubes that look like these. I always assumed they were hedman. Sadly they don't fit my Fox tbird with the 400.