351 2V headers

351 2V headers

July 2nd, 2012, 5:10 am #1

I recently bought a 72 2v,6000 miles, .30 over, mild cam,no specs, performer intake, running a 650 holley double pump of my 4v. Also got the headers for the 2v. The 2v came out of a 68 Mustang with power steering. Question is,are will the headers fit my 70 Torino with power steering. I know a drop down bracket may be required for clearance. I have not installed the motor yet and i don't have any 2v manifolds.Anybody tried this or is in the know.
Torino also has a 350 posi, c-6 2700 stall.
I'm putting my 4v in the corner for another day as the 2v is more street friendly, i think.

July 2nd, 2012, 1:47 pm #2

Your Torino is the same engine compartment as a 67-70 Fairlane and Falcon, so all those applications apply. I don't do anything with power steering systems except to remove and discard them, so I can't help you there. A 68-70 Mustang has tighter lower front sub frame spacing than the Fairlane, et al, so they will (should) clear everywhere else. The standard drop bracket business should let the driver's side clear, if the headers are properly bent.

1967 Falcon 4 door 351C-4V
1970 Mustang 351C-2V
http://raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod
Owner built, owner abused.

July 2nd, 2012, 6:10 pm #3

I know if you are using doug's headers then a drop down bracket is not required. Keep in mine that you may also need to extend the ps hoses at the slave which I did when installing dynaflow headers into my 70 ranchero w/ 351c 2v .

July 2nd, 2012, 7:45 pm #4

Just looking at them and giving them the eyeball i thought they might. I don't know what brand they are so i guess it's a try it. I'll let you know what happens in case someone else needs to know. Besides it would save me a ton of money if they do fit.

July 2nd, 2012, 11:22 pm #5

This 2v motor i bought has a external oil line running from the filter area to the rear sender with a t fitting. I've searched and found some info but not really sure this is nessesary for a street cruiser. It was also plumbed with a rubber hose which i don't think is the ticket. The other question is it has a edel proformer dual plane which is tempting to use but i have this minty good looking single plane Wiend accelorator in the basement for years. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

July 3rd, 2012, 4:34 am #6

I mean buy the fuel pump not filter

July 3rd, 2012, 6:26 am #7

This 2v motor i bought has a external oil line running from the filter area to the rear sender with a t fitting. I've searched and found some info but not really sure this is nessesary for a street cruiser. It was also plumbed with a rubber hose which i don't think is the ticket. The other question is it has a edel proformer dual plane which is tempting to use but i have this minty good looking single plane Wiend accelorator in the basement for years. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
You will be happier w/ dual plane as street cruiser. And a single plane is best suited for a lighter weight drag car.

July 3rd, 2012, 7:43 pm #8

2.1 - you can remove the line, it's not necessary. Hook your pressure gage to the rear port to get an idea of pressure after the oil has made it to #5 main, past all the passenger side lifters.

2.2 - Both work well. You can get a plenum divider for the Weiand which sits in a 1/2" spacer. That may or may not change your low speed driving, depending on the tune up. It's a try and see thing. I ran the Weiand on a street/strip car and it ran well for me. Depending on the carb calibration and driveline setup, you may end up with as much as a .042~.046 primary shooter to get a clean stop light drive away.

1970 Mustang 351C-2V

July 3rd, 2012, 11:01 pm #9

and my concern was is it possible restrictors where installed to need that line? I'm a 58 yr old autobody and hotrod guy and engine building is not my expertise. I just love 335's since they came out. A friend of mine back in 72 smoked a local hotshot 66 Chevelle 396 4spd with his 70 Mach. Another friend smoked a 66 Nova 350 with his 2v 72 Mustang.

July 4th, 2012, 4:30 am #10

All my race engines run them and I never use the hose to the rear port. If the motor is put together right and the clearances are correct, there should be no issues with oil control on a street or mild street/strip engine.

1970 Mustang 351C-2V