2x4 intake for the 351c

June 7th, 2012, 3:05 pm #11

looks like it is a open single plenum intake,
bolt holes are slotted for possibly 351W use also?
gasket flanges also look like the might fit a 351W block

what are those front bolt holes for behind the dizzy, or is that the back and those are vacuum ports?

then it has injector bungs cast on it. Why? how many people out here would buy a 2x4 intake, then convert it to Fuel injection? not many...

I don't know,
someone buy one of these so we can test it and convince E-Brock that they can do better....
~blizz
I made an offer that was accepted which will probably become a charitable donation to the C community when I post pics and observations after receipt. Suggest anyone interested in this piece make a low ball offer until it is vetted.

The pictures do make it look like an open plenum single plane with very short runners and very large plenum. It will be a dog if that is the case. Also need to check for carb-carb, carb-distributor, and carb to fire wall clearance as this is a challenge on 351c 2x4 and corresponding compromises must me made.

Best,
K

June 7th, 2012, 3:17 pm #12

Thank you, we cannot wait for your input upon receipt.
-blizzND

June 7th, 2012, 5:44 pm #13

Would Powder  coating help with porosity? Since the Cleveland intake is dry I would think that would work. Thouoghts?

June 7th, 2012, 5:58 pm #14

I made an offer that was accepted which will probably become a charitable donation to the C community when I post pics and observations after receipt. Suggest anyone interested in this piece make a low ball offer until it is vetted.

The pictures do make it look like an open plenum single plane with very short runners and very large plenum. It will be a dog if that is the case. Also need to check for carb-carb, carb-distributor, and carb to fire wall clearance as this is a challenge on 351c 2x4 and corresponding compromises must me made.

Best,
K
> I made an offer that was accepted which will probably become a charitable
> donation to the C community when I post pics and observations after receipt.

Please measure the cross-sectional area of the plenum runner openings
and the cylinder head/intake manifold openings, as well as the the runner
length and A/B heights and I'll add them to the simulation database. Or
just bring it with you when we dyno the Fontana and I'll measure it.
If you want to dyno test it, we could probably do that too, assuming it
seals against 2V or 4V ports.

> The pictures do make it look like an open plenum single plane with very short
> runners and very large plenum. It will be a dog if that is the case.

That would be much like an Offy Equaflow 360 but without the divider.
Big plenum, no runner length to speak of and the worst of the intakes
tested on the dyno mule 351C.

Dan Jones

June 8th, 2012, 2:14 am #15

Looks like you could do a little fab work and make it into a blower manifold.
Andy

June 8th, 2012, 5:05 pm #16

While procomp has some iffy products out they seem to be aggressive in terms of marketing and designing new products. That is a heck of alot more than edelbucks can say and the rest of them! The thing with aggressive companies is they usually get bigger and better. Until the manifold is tested and determined a piece of junk I will give them credit for going where no one else seems to wanna a go. There has been a few companies that have surprised even the crustiest 351c enthusiasts on this forum!

June 8th, 2012, 5:06 pm #17

I really don't get you guys.......

Who cares that PC made it? I'm just glad to see that someone was willing to step up to the plate and market a 2-4V Cleveland intake. Realistically, what other/better alternatives are there? Had Edelbrock decided to manufacture one I guarantee you they'd do something to screw it up like use 2v ports and/or carb placement so only ED carbs could be used. Almost NO chance ED would have done the job right. Just look at the 2-4V FE intake the produced. All they needed to do was use spacing so Holley or ED carbs could be used and they'd sell more of those than they could make. Had DOVE done it the quality would be no better, probably worse, and the price would be at least triple what PC is asking...

I'm glad to see it and I'm saving my pennies...
Last edited by ford429cjlover on June 8th, 2012, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 8th, 2012, 5:35 pm #18

>I really don't get you guys.......

Who cares that PC made it? I'm just glad to see that someone was willing to step up to the plate and market a 2-4V Cleveland intake. Realistically, what other/better alternatives are there? Had Edelbrock decided to manufacture one I guarantee you they'd do something to screw it up like use 2v ports and/or carb placement so only ED carbs could be used. Almost NO chance ED would have done the job right. Just look at the 2-4V FE intake the produced. All they needed to do was use spacing so Holley or ED carbs could be used and they'd sell more of those than they could make. Had DOVE done it the quality would be no better, probably worse, and the price would be at least triple what PC is asking...

I'm glad to see it and I'm saving my pennies...<

I understand what you are saying, but I would want to save my pennies for something that works instead. If this PC manifold works than great, I'll join you. But if it's a stone like I think it will be than I'll keep saving. I'm going to wait  for the results after testing.

June 8th, 2012, 5:47 pm #19

Don't bash it till you try it! Even the big boys who have some top manifolds made some lemons!

June 8th, 2012, 6:23 pm #20

at least its not a knock off n/m