Who is included in the Clan McKay?

Who is included in the Clan McKay?

David Dunn
David Dunn

December 18th, 2009, 9:11 pm #1

I was just wondering what was required to be a part of the "Clan Mckay"? Though my last name is "Dunn", I have discovered (while researching my family history) that my great, great, great, great, great grandfather through my mom's side is Joseph Ringland McKay. Does this mean I am connected to the clan? Or are members only through a patriarcal link?

Michelle Sandelier, Nat'l Pres.
Michelle Sandelier, Nat'l Pres.

December 19th, 2009, 3:52 am #2

Dear David,

Some clans do restrict membership to the patrilineal line, but we are an "inclusive" rather than "exclusive group" and welcome you! I became a member based on my mother's maiden name of Mackie. Please consider joining us! We have a lot to offer: A quarterly news letter, Genealogy and DNA Projects, a Scholarship program, Mackay Hospitality tents at Highland Games across the country and a great bunch of members who enjoy our history as well as the time we get to spend with each other on line and at the games!

I hope you took some time to explore our award winning web site and to review some of the discussion on the Forum too.

You can join on line using pay pal right in this web site. Check the home page at the top, or if you would like, send me your snail mail address via a personal e-mail(just click on my name on the previous page next to the title of this response) and I'll send you a membership package.

If you join before Jan 1 you will be eligible to vote in the general elections.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards, Michelle