St. Louis hosting 2015 Masters World Championships Games

St. Louis hosting 2015 Masters World Championships Games

Jana
Jana

June 19th, 2015, 11:35 pm #1

Hello, all. I'm a new poster here, 10th generation direct descendant of John McCoy b 1690, Squire, Sutherland, d 1762 Washington County, Maryland

The St. Louis Scottish Games and Cultural festival is hosting the Master World Championship Games in Chesterfield, MO, an affluent suburb of St. Louis. More than 150 Highland athletes from around the world will be here September 25 & 26, 2015. http://www.stlouis-scottishgames.com)

I'm new to these events and wonder how Clan Mackay becomes involved. I'm helping with the event, but I don't know if or how I demonstrate my affiliation. Will other MacKays make their attendance known here?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can lend me.

Jana Byington-Smith

Jana
Jana

June 19th, 2015, 11:36 pm #2

I forgot to add my email: byingtonsmith@yahoo.com

Michelle Sandelier
Michelle Sandelier

June 21st, 2015, 12:05 am #3

Hi! Welcome to Clan Mackay USA! You don't say if you are a member of the Society, but if you aren't, check out the membership information listed in the index of our home page. We have a lot to offer!

Also check the leadership pages for the name and contact information for the Regional Vice President for your area. They will be able to tell you if we have someone manning a Mackay tent at the Games. If there is no commissioner for your area, the Regional VP can help you, if you are a member of our Clan Society, to decide if you would like to be a commissioner who would host a Mackay tent and what the duties are. It is a great way to meet many more Mackays!

At any rate, the Games sound like they will be amazing! Hope you attend, visit all the clan tents and see what they are doing as hosts too! The Games are a great way to become acquainted with your family's past and the Scottish collective history!

Stay in touch! Michelle

PS You should also send the games information to our Web master so he can post it on our Facebook page! His contact information is in the leadership page