Hurricane Irma and evacuation

Hurricane Irma and evacuation

dr. donald h. Mcgee
dr. donald h. Mcgee

September 9th, 2017, 2:44 pm #1

Some of our Clan members who live in Florida are now subject to mandatory evacuation. we have left Naples and are now 140 miles North of Tampa in the town starke, Fla. the predictions are for massive damage throughout the state with the west coast receiving the worst. So, living in Naples means our home may or may not survive since we are only 6.2 feet above sea level. Prayers and concerns, please. Don McGee......I have not heard from Jim MacKay in Tampa as I write this but concerns for him, too.

John W. Wells
John W. Wells

September 13th, 2017, 6:13 pm #2

Don,

I sent you an email as well to check on y'all. We are sending our most positive thoughts that things will be okay for y'all. Please take care and stay safe.

John

Christopher Pollard
Christopher Pollard

September 18th, 2017, 6:25 pm #3

Don-

Any updates?

Don McGee
Don McGee

January 20th, 2018, 8:39 pm #4

Some of our Clan members who live in Florida are now subject to mandatory evacuation. we have left Naples and are now 140 miles North of Tampa in the town starke, Fla. the predictions are for massive damage throughout the state with the west coast receiving the worst. So, living in Naples means our home may or may not survive since we are only 6.2 feet above sea level. Prayers and concerns, please. Don McGee......I have not heard from Jim MacKay in Tampa as I write this but concerns for him, too.
While Irma hit Naples directly about an hour before the hit, the wind began flowing rather strongly from the East pushing the Gulf of Mexico waters some 5-700 feet off shore so that the storm surge just never materialized. The same thing occurred even in the Tampa area so coastal areas were saved from total distruction. My home was spared with NO damage except lots of trash which FEMA picked up 6 weeks later. We did not have power for 14 days. Luckily, we went to a Nieces home in Pensacola and did not return until power and water were restored. Thank you for the expression of concern.