End of the line

End of the line

Michael David McKee
Michael David McKee

December 4th, 2009, 4:06 pm #1

Ah, if only.... I have very little to go on and I just found out my last link to my connection, my father, David McKee died in 2006. He left the family when I was young. Bits and pieces are all I have such as, there are or were relatives in Belfast, he was proud of his Orange affiliation, and the one brother I never had the chance to meet, Alex, was just under 7 feet tall. I heard a story when I was about nine years old that, when my Uncle Ronald lost his leg around 1959, in the Army, relatives from Belfast came to visit him in the hospital. I am the last living McKee in this particular line of descent. Starting with me it goes like this, Michael David McKee- 1954, David McKee (no middle name) 1929 Penn. Alexander (no middle name)1906 Penn. married to Ethel Mabel Place, 1910, Penn. and, my great grand parents Alexander McKee and Mary Rosser who more than likely came from Ireland. My Father had two brothers Ronald and Alec. An interesting story I heard from my father when I was young is that I'm related to captain Cook, who discovered the Pitcairn Islands through his mother's side. Ethel Mabel Place mother was Martha Cook born 1868 in England, married to George Place born the same year, of England also. If this sounds familiar to anyone please contact me.

Thank you,
Michael David McKee

Michelle Sandelier, Nat'l. Pres.
Michelle Sandelier, Nat'l. Pres.

December 5th, 2009, 4:47 am #2

Hi Michael,
If you are not yet a member of Clan Mackay USA, I would like to invite you to join us!

We have DNA and Genealogy Projects that are helping our members find those missing pieces of information that allow them to advance their searches significantly. Perhaps you can find some additional links in either of these projects. In turn, your information may help another member.

Information on how to join using pay pal is listed on the home page of this site, or you can send me your snail mail address and I can send you a membership information package.

We also have a scholarship program for members studying any of the Celtic or Scottish arts, history and/or language and a quarterly news letter. You'll find our Mackay tent at many highland games across the nation. The listing for our participation is also listed in this site.

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon! Good luck in your search! Michelle

Jim Bonney ( MacKee)
Jim Bonney ( MacKee)

January 17th, 2010, 6:03 am #3

Ah, if only.... I have very little to go on and I just found out my last link to my connection, my father, David McKee died in 2006. He left the family when I was young. Bits and pieces are all I have such as, there are or were relatives in Belfast, he was proud of his Orange affiliation, and the one brother I never had the chance to meet, Alex, was just under 7 feet tall. I heard a story when I was about nine years old that, when my Uncle Ronald lost his leg around 1959, in the Army, relatives from Belfast came to visit him in the hospital. I am the last living McKee in this particular line of descent. Starting with me it goes like this, Michael David McKee- 1954, David McKee (no middle name) 1929 Penn. Alexander (no middle name)1906 Penn. married to Ethel Mabel Place, 1910, Penn. and, my great grand parents Alexander McKee and Mary Rosser who more than likely came from Ireland. My Father had two brothers Ronald and Alec. An interesting story I heard from my father when I was young is that I'm related to captain Cook, who discovered the Pitcairn Islands through his mother's side. Ethel Mabel Place mother was Martha Cook born 1868 in England, married to George Place born the same year, of England also. If this sounds familiar to anyone please contact me.

Thank you,
Michael David McKee
My dad was adopted, his birthname is MacKee his fathers name was Keneth MacKee, and he worked for Goodyear tire company in New York city. I don't know anything else about him. I think he died along time ago My father is 62 so he would probably be in his 80's if he was alive.

So I guess my bloodline goes back to Scotland.