Editor's Email

Editor's Email

John Grogan
John Grogan

June 15th, 2015, 5:29 pm #1

Greetings All Mackays, et al !! My computer has been getting a fresh image this past week and I have been working to get all my software reloaded, passwords re-established and especially email setup once again. I have been trying to keep up by using tablets, phones even cave art to stay in touch, but I am sure that I have missed someone in the process. I have deleted nearly 500 emails from all sorts of folks concerned about all facets of my existence. If I have overlooked anyone's message or concern, please contact me again and I will see to it quickly. Address is still the same, editor at clanmackayusa org, but please use the correct format.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I hope the reimage will eliminate some of the mess I have been receiving, certainly not from any members of course.

Rhoda K. Butler
Rhoda K. Butler

September 17th, 2015, 6:56 pm #2

Mr. Grogan:
I and my husband, Patrick Hampton Butler, were members of Clan Mackay in the 1980's/90's in Marietta, GA. Somehow in our move back to Yonges Island SC, I have lost our paperwork and cannot remember whether we had a number or not. Do I try and renew -- or just rejoin? We also had membership in the Scottish Heritage USA,Inc. I would like to get back to my Scottish roots --- Our ancestor is Mungo Mackay traced to SC in the 1790's. I look forward to hearing from you. Rhoda Butler

Gary McKay
Gary McKay

June 16th, 2016, 9:42 pm #3

I just read your email from last September about your ancestor in South Carolina. My family was around Sumter ,S.C. from before the Revolutionary War until after the Civil War so we may have some connection. I am happy to share any info that I have.