200 "Likes" and web stats

200 "Likes" and web stats

John Grogan
John Grogan

April 21st, 2012, 2:17 pm #1

Our Facebook Page is barely a year old and we just had our 200th "Like" on Facebook. That means 200 people are following our activities and posts! For our web site ... we had 608 unique visitors this past month and a total of 885 visits. Also last month we had 4,413 pageviews and visitors to the site were from 25+ countries. In the US visitors came from 47 states including the District of Columbia. Additionally mobile visits has increased to 125 visits using smartphones, tablets and other devices, a clear sign our visitors are using technology. That has increased from 0 just a year ago.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Doug McCoy
Doug McCoy

April 23rd, 2012, 12:10 pm #2

John, thanks for the great statistics. We need to find a way to tap into this list of folks as members. I was wondering, Jim says an email address is mandatory but when I logged in to respond it says it is optional. Can we make sure this is consistent, one way or the other? I am getting some complaints, thanks. Doug

John Grogan
John Grogan

April 23rd, 2012, 2:23 pm #3

I agree. When I was moderator I tried to see if that could be changed and could not find a way. I tried contacting the site owners (tech support), and never got an answer. In fact never got an answer on any question. Jim has more experience with this site than I do, perhaps he will have greater influence. All these fields are just text fields with no intractability or validation.

Jim Voelker
Jim Voelker

April 25th, 2012, 12:23 pm #4

John, thanks for the great statistics. We need to find a way to tap into this list of folks as members. I was wondering, Jim says an email address is mandatory but when I logged in to respond it says it is optional. Can we make sure this is consistent, one way or the other? I am getting some complaints, thanks. Doug
The optional characterization for email addresses on postings comes from the vendor that we use to host our forum. The requirement to supply an email address is a Clan Mackay requirement of long standing. We have had this requirement for years and it is clearly stated in the introductory text, displayed in the guidelines for using our forum, which appear at the beginning of our forum.

This was put in place in order to allow our visitors easier communication with those who post; after complaints about having to search for email addresses for a private reply.

Hope this helps clarify the apparent inconsistency.

Regards, Jim Voelker, Forum administrator