Moderator: PapaC

Surrey

RayRay
RayRay

June 12th, 2018, 10:59 pm #1

I have seen the topic in the past about location of Serial Number on the frame. I am doing a body off of a 63 Dj3A Surrey and found the serial number in two locations on the passenger side frame rail. location 1 ( top of frame, between battery holder and front body mount), location 2 ( top of frame forward of the rear crossmember.

PapaC
PapaC

June 14th, 2018, 4:09 am #2

Thanks for pointing out and verifying the location and that the serial number was stamped in two different locations on your DJ frame. On neither my 1956 DJ3A Dispatcher nor on my 62 could I find any evidence of the 2nd stamping towards the back no matter how hard I looked or what that I tried. That doesn’t mean it was never there of course but personally I have my doubts, especially on the 56. From past discussions on this matter from other DJ owners we never could positively conclude ‘why’ that some DJ3A frames may have only had one serial number stamped on the frame and that some others positively did have the serial number stamped on two different locations on the frame rail just as yours does.

I sure would like to hear more about your Surrey restoration!

Charles Tate
Charles Tate....North Mississippi

1956 WILLYS DJ3A Convertible
Doing ground up nuts and bolt restoration by almost entirely reconditioning original used or a few NOS DJ3A parts.

1962 WILLYS DJ3A Convertible. (For research and parts only)