Moderator: PapaC

Jeepsurreygala website

jpet
jpet

September 4th, 2018, 5:55 pm #1

Hi all,

Does anyone know what happened to www.jeepsurreygala.com?  The website had detailed information and photos on making a Surrey top and seats.  It was working a couple weeks ago.  Now it seems to have vanished from the web.  Even this weekend, I could search and find links to articles but the links were junk.  Today, there is no trace of the website even in a google search.  Appreciate any info.

SteveK
SteveK

September 4th, 2018, 6:25 pm #2

I just tried my links on file and I can't get anything.  How sad as technology changes just like with this forum before.  I guess we have lost all of the late Bruce Agan's Dispatcher associated details and history files for good, unless somebody copied the actual data.  I did not.
SteveK
62 Dispatcher
South Florida

Rus Curtis

September 5th, 2018, 5:51 pm #3

What a disappointment!  I'd been on Bruce's website multiple times, happy that it was still available!  I found he'd referenced a bunch of information there like bulletins and factory releases.  Another great resource lost.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

PapaC
PapaC

September 7th, 2018, 9:10 am #4

This is the third time the site has been down since Bruce passed.  Before now each time after a  few weeks it would come back online.  

I don’t know if that will be the ncase this time, especially the way the internet keeps changing and moving around but I hope so.

There was  too much valuable information and bulletins there to be lost forever to public knowledge but just maybe there is still light at m the end of this tunnel.

Perhaps not my place to mention but Dave Eilers at eWillys was thinking ahead and has the entire site with all of the information and pictures that were there saved in his files.  After a respectful amount of time to see what happens he does have the capability to fully recreate the site if it should become necessary and the proper arrangements could be made.

I myself have links to all (I think) of all of Bruce’s old photo bucket albums.  Hundreds and hundreds of pictures but a absolute nightmare to navagate due to popups and ads and redirects from
Photobucket.
Charles Tate....North Mississippi

1956 WILLYS DJ3A Convertible
Doing ground up nuts and bolt restoration by almost entirely reconditioning original used or a few NOS DJ3A parts.

1962 WILLYS DJ3A Convertible. (For research and parts only)

Rus Curtis

September 7th, 2018, 2:47 pm #5

Thanks for the inside update!  That's good news and hopefully, it shows up soon!
Rus Curtis
Alabama
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C