Sex abuse in Livingston

Sex abuse in Livingston

November 13th, 2009, 9:40 pm #1

Has anyone heard any rumblings of a recent exposure of sex abuse in Livingston? At least one of the victims have recently come forward and told the story of being raped by a teenage boy in Livingston years ago.
The rapist now lives in Othello Washington as a member of the Church of God in Christ Mennonite.
The ministers have been somewhat involved but I have yet to hear of the rapist even being expelled for his acts.
Has anyone heard anything of this yet?

November 16th, 2009, 6:17 am #2

Well, Marilyn, you really give us the willys with this post. I've been watching for some response to this because we have a daughter that was teaching at Othello, WA. This has her mother and I wondering WTF...
If there is anything to it, we would like to know so we can caution our daughter.

November 16th, 2009, 4:17 pm #3

Has anyone heard any rumblings of a recent exposure of sex abuse in Livingston? At least one of the victims have recently come forward and told the story of being raped by a teenage boy in Livingston years ago.
The rapist now lives in Othello Washington as a member of the Church of God in Christ Mennonite.
The ministers have been somewhat involved but I have yet to hear of the rapist even being expelled for his acts.
I am very close to the story- although not the victim. Abuse is like a rock being thrown into a pond. The worst of the impact is right where the rock hits, but there are also ripples from that rock that disturb the water. Although not the victim of the rape, I am a ripple.
I found out the enormity of the rape just recently as my marriage began to crumble from an unseen force. I had wondered for some time what was causing the destruction of my marriage.Through therapy the horrific story of the rape of an 8 year old boy came out.
This was not merely childhood experimentation, but a teenage boy taking an 8 year old boy out to a hidden place and raping him. The victim remembers every detail as if this happened yesterday.
I decided to find this person who had created so many ripples in my life. Lo and behold, I found him in Othello, Washington still as a member of the Church of God in Christ Mennonite. My entire life has been torn to pieces and yet his life continues on.

November 16th, 2009, 5:22 pm #4

Marilyn,

What happened, as you describe it, should have clear statutory penalties. I will be praying for you guys, just get good advice both from people who can help the two of you heal and from those who can advise you legally. You can email us if you choose.
Last edited by myfathersson on November 16th, 2009, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2009, 5:26 pm #5

Marilyn;

What an imperfect and unfair world we live in. It's good you're talking, it's good for you that you're talking.

How's the eight year old boy? Likely he's still about eight. Emotional development usually stops at whatever the age something traumatic like that happens.

I had my own different type of thing happen at seven and I was 56 when the thing was dislodged [worked out of me] and I could finally become more than a seven year old emotionally, on certain levels.

What's important it seems to me is that people sincerely love and stick together through the thick and the thin, but that doesn't always happen. When this doesn't happen we ought not place blame when relationships fail.

Where do we go from here? How are you doing Marilyn?

Has the Washington man been arrested? There's no statute of limitations on something like that to my knowledge. For something as hurtful as that he ought to freely turn himself in and just maybe plead for the mercy of the courts. I am sure it's been revealed for a reason. My my!

Last edited by doug-64 on November 16th, 2009, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2009, 6:25 pm #6

Mere words are inadequate to express my feelings,

so I will simply say my heart goes out to you and I will call a minister

cousin of mine in CA to ensure that he gets this information,if he already has not.

Sincerely

Oxy

Bee Kind

November 16th, 2009, 6:26 pm #7

When will this all end? The percentages of abuse per populace in this group seems to be very high. Perhaps if the leadership would stand up for what is right instead of trying to "deal with the sin" there would be some real progress. By progress, I mean getting help to both victim and perpetrator.

It seems that the more opression there is (regarding sexuality and related education/understanding) the more depravity has room to grow.

Ms Carpenter, if you have enough facts to go to the authorities (legal not church) I would encourage you to go. These victims need our support in any way we can.

November 16th, 2009, 9:16 pm #8

Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.
I am unsure of the statute of limitations and the victim is not in any position to pursue this at this time.
The rapist was in his very early teens at the time and from hearing the level of planning and thought that went into this, it seems highly unlikely that the rape I am speaking of was his first. He even planned ahead to bring something to clean up the blood.
The saddest of all was that the victim did not even know the words to begin to tell his parents what was happening. Only knew that he was not allowed to talk about anything of a sexual nature and so kept it hidden for 22 years.
When he finally told his parents (very recently) his dad cried and said he had "no idea things like this even happened in "The Church"". His dad had already been contacted by the ministers in Othello. However, that is the extent of what I heard. I have no idea if this rapist was expelled, told to turn himself in, etc. It seems once again the Church of God in Christ Mennonite has circled their wagons.

November 16th, 2009, 9:40 pm #9

Marilyn;

I am sure that you're aware of the revelations in the Roman C. domain and how it was hidden at different times. Many other places in christendom the perverse has been occurring as well. Hiding does not stop the revelations. Judgment begins at the house of God, it says. Everywhere in all things, things are coming to the surface.

Nothing will be hidden that has been hidden in these the last days of this age, the Word says. I think that is a word of Jesus!

I know that you are not asking for advise but I feel to say this, rest in Christ and take good care of your family. We will pray, we already are moved with compassion!

I sense that it is already too much out in the open to shut it down. Let justice prevail and as a teen, and even a late teen I am not even sure what that is. I feel for his wife and family if he is married.

Last edited by doug-64 on November 16th, 2009, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2009, 9:44 pm #10

Marilyn,

Pray tell that this is some 40 or 50 year old man by now. Hopefully it isn't the 28 year old Othello youth boy that is getting married this weekend,