Messianic Complex

Paris
Paris

7:53 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #1

Messianic complex is a psychological state in which the individual believes him/herself to be, or is destined to become, the saviour of the particular field, a group, an event, a time period, or in worse case scenario, the world.

People with Messianic Complexes tend to see themselves as saviours to a specific group of people or a specific field, making claims of their own glory, or claiming a self awareness of their own gift and how that gift can affect a group of people or a field of life.

In the worse cases, people with Messianic Complexes may see themselves as spiritual/religious Messiahs with transcendent powers who are destined to save the world.

7:55 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #2

Fred, they're talking about you!

Paris
Paris

8:01 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #3

Messianic complex is a psychological state in which the individual believes him/herself to be, or is destined to become, the saviour of the particular field, a group, an event, a time period, or in worse case scenario, the world.

People with Messianic Complexes tend to see themselves as saviours to a specific group of people or a specific field, making claims of their own glory, or claiming a self awareness of their own gift and how that gift can affect a group of people or a field of life.

In the worse cases, people with Messianic Complexes may see themselves as spiritual/religious Messiahs with transcendent powers who are destined to save the world.
I was thinking Of the Holdemans actually!!

8:31 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #4

I think most any politician would fit that description plus a few folks that post here!

Paris
Paris

8:34 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #5

Let me explain why I posted this.
I was talking to my husband and he mentioned this complex. I had never heard of this so I looked it up on the internet and this is what I found. I don't know how to post a link so I copied and pasted.I thought it fit this forum or more specifically the H people and their belief of OTC or OTVC.

9:19 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #6

Paris, kind of cold to class an entire group of people in such a manner. Be generous, not all Republicans are heartless, not all Democrats are commies and not all Anglicans are whimpering sissys. Surely not ALL Holdemans suffer from a Messianic Complex?

Bill the Cat
Bill the Cat

9:47 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #7

Speaking of Anglicans, before Steve so generously shared his pic with us, I had the mental image of a skinny, long-haired, ciggie puffer with dark sunglasses. Let me tell you, I was disappointed!

Paris
Paris

9:54 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #8

I think their leader John Holdeman may have suffered this complex.They are still under his leadership if their still aspousing his beliefs arn't they?
I'm just sayin "If the shoe fits"

Xep
Xep

10:20 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #9

I just went to look for Steve's picture and I agree that the skinny, long haired, cigarette hangin from corner of mouth description definately does not fit.

I see a rope robed group of Oceans 13, wearing very suspicious smiles on their faces. They definately have something up under their sleeves, just not sure about under those robes! (don't want to know either!)

As far as Messianic Complex goes;
I thought maybe the thread was going to be about some Jewish Industrial Developement Project or something.

Milo Bloom
Milo Bloom

10:27 PM - Dec 12, 2006 #10

C'mon, c'mon. BREAK it up. All dis talk about Steve and his fizz-eek is just RUINING dis perfectly good anti-Holdeman tread. Great jumpin jiminy crickets, its jus a diversion, a DIVERSION, I tell ya. Ya no goods is just trying to derail da tread. Ya bums! Go on along home and let Miz Hilton lone! Go on I tell ya!