A story my son told me today about my hometown.

A story my son told me today about my hometown.

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

January 28th, 2012, 11:21 am #1

This guy wants to sign up for the dole (this area has the highest unemployment in the state) and stands in the queue at the department of social security behind this woman who eventually gets to the head of the queue. Things go slowly and conventionally in the questions for her until they get to the home situation... Marital status? Single..

Number of children? 10

?? What are their names ? Wayne

And the others? Wayne, Wayne, Wayne,

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne, Wayne...

Wayne and Wayne.

All of them? Yes its quite handy sometimes, for instance i can say "wayne, make your bed" and they'll all do it, or i can say "wayne! Time for lunch" and they all come.

"i can see that could be quite handy "replied the social security Officer, "but what do you do when you only want a particular one"?

"oh, thats easy" said the much travelled mum, "i use their surname"

January 28th, 2012, 12:39 pm #2

It's sounds like something you would do because you have nothing in your head

Give the devil an inch and he'll become a ruler~~~Wise Sayings"

Pope Reverend I, BV
Pope Reverend I, BV

January 28th, 2012, 2:13 pm #3

You aren't smart enough to understand.

-PRev1-

January 28th, 2012, 2:43 pm #4

Of showing stupidity so you would understand stupidity.

Give the devil an inch and he'll become a ruler~~~Wise Sayings"

January 28th, 2012, 4:13 pm #5

This guy wants to sign up for the dole (this area has the highest unemployment in the state) and stands in the queue at the department of social security behind this woman who eventually gets to the head of the queue. Things go slowly and conventionally in the questions for her until they get to the home situation... Marital status? Single..

Number of children? 10

?? What are their names ? Wayne

And the others? Wayne, Wayne, Wayne,

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne, Wayne...

Wayne and Wayne.

All of them? Yes its quite handy sometimes, for instance i can say "wayne, make your bed" and they'll all do it, or i can say "wayne! Time for lunch" and they all come.

"i can see that could be quite handy "replied the social security Officer, "but what do you do when you only want a particular one"?

"oh, thats easy" said the much travelled mum, "i use their surname"
`

.. let me say 1 quick thing in regards to your obvious attempt at humour, Art. lol

(edited for spelling err)

The story is a sad one, altho funny @ the same time. It appears that the woman in question
has had 10 children via 10 different dads. Hence the 10 different surnames. Yes, it
struck me as funny for a couple of seconds, until I considered WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE the
meaning behind it. i.e. infidelity and/or promiscuous fornication.

In any case, thanx 4 sharing.

Here's a lame joke I just thought up while replying to u ...

READY?? HERE GOES: Why are kangaroo stories so funny??

ANSWER: because there's usually a PUNCH line.

`

This is the Day whereon the rushing waters of everlasting life
have gushed out of the Will of the All-Merciful. Haste ye,
with your hearts and souls, and quaff your fill, O Concourse of the realms above!

Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah
Last edited by Beckett777 on January 28th, 2012, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur Dente
Arthur Dente

January 28th, 2012, 5:21 pm #6

This is not the forum for sharing funnies.

Maybe "Wayne" should have been "Nucc".

January 28th, 2012, 5:25 pm #7

Father's Day

Bwahahahhaha!!

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone"
(Thanks Kristy)

January 28th, 2012, 5:40 pm #8

with ten different fathers, I do have three with 2 different. Every circumstance is different so to me it was a tacky sort of joke. But it isnt my joke to tell I guess. I liked Johns better

Bob
Bob

January 28th, 2012, 6:24 pm #9

Art's joke reminded me of a time in my past

One time I lived in a place called 'Lund'. It is on the west coast of Canada and as far up the coast from vancouver that you can go by car. It was considered the 'end of the road'.

Well I believe theat the end of the road attracts end of the road people (which included me at the time). Lund was no exception. Most of the women there had kids and many of them were from different fathers. This is just the way it was.

A common joke in Lund was that the most confusing day of the year was Father's day - everyone accepted it as being funny.

It was never intended to be a put-down.

January 28th, 2012, 7:42 pm #10

Forgot to login.

And Jen - I hope the title didn't offend you. I would lighten it up - if I could.

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone"
(Thanks Kristy)