Demons among us

Renetta
Renetta

6:16 AM - Dec 22, 2011 #1

I was wondering what each person believed a demon to be?

I am hoping to see different viewpoints here so if possible only post your comment if it has not been previously shared. I hope I have the option to request that, oh board master.

First off I don't believe so much in demons as in negative energy vibrations. I mean that the spirits that promote lower level vibrational actions like violence toward others would be negative. Higher vibrational spirits promote love and harmony as well as all it entails in response.

In my journey that I have been taking I have found this nuggets of information that just seem logical to me. I think that our society demonizes things that it might basically only disapprove of like for example what is considered to be homosexuality which basically just means a person desires someone of the same gender to be intimate with. Now that is another subject but as far as demons I believe the word is something we have been programmed to associate with something evil.

Excerpts From Wikipedia:

A demon (or daemon, from Ancient Greek, δαίμων daímōn), is a supernatural being from various religions, occultisms, literatures, and folklores that is described as something that is not human and, in ordinary (almost universal) usage, malevolent. The original neutral Greek word "daimon" does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine (Hellenistic and New Testament Greek) δαιμόνιον (daimonion),[1] and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root, originally intended to denote a spirit or spiritual being.

The Greek term does not have any connotations of evil or malevolence. In fact, εὐδαιμονία, literally "good-spiritedness", is a term for "happiness". The term first acquired its now-current evil connotations in the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Bible, informed by the mythology of the ancient Semitic religions. This connotation was inherited by the Koine text of the New Testament. The medieval and neo-medieval conception of a "demon" in Western civilization (see the Medieval grimoire called the Ars Goetia) derives seamlessly from the ambient popular culture of Late (Roman) Antiquity. Greco-Roman concepts of daemons that passed into Christian culture are discussed in the entry daemon, though it should be duly noted that the term referred only to a spiritual force, not a malevolent supernatural being.

Bahá'í Faith

In the Bahá'í Faith, demons are not regarded as independent evil spirits as they are in some faiths. All evil spirits described in various faith traditions such as Satan, fallen angels, demons and jinns are metaphors for the base character traits a human being may acquire and manifest when he turns away from God and follows his lower nature. Belief in the existence of ghosts and earthbound spirits is rejected and considered to be the product of superstition.[23]

Ancient Arabia

Pre-Islamic mythology does not discriminate between gods and demons. The jinn are considered as divinities of inferior rank, having many human attributes: they eat, drink, and procreate their kind, sometimes in conjunction with human beings. The jinn smell and lick things, and have a liking for remnants of food. In eating they use the left hand. Usually they haunt waste and deserted places, especially the thickets where wild beasts gather. Cemeteries and dirty places are also favorite abodes. When appearing to man, jinn sometimes assume the forms of beasts and sometimes those of men.

Generally, jinn are peaceable and well disposed toward men. Many a pre-Islamic poet was believed to have been inspired by good jinn, but there are also evil jinn, who contrive to injure men.

I am interested to see what you all have to say on this subject.
My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

Marie
Marie

3:39 AM - Dec 29, 2011 #2

I believe demons are evil beings that are out to turn people away from God.

Dave
Dave

5:30 PM - Dec 29, 2011 #3

I think we differ on a few points, but I think we should stray away from 'demonization' when we speak of demons. We give that as a 'descriptor' (regardless whether it is warranted or not) and thus it becomes man-made in a sense (i.e. we humans opinion-ize what we think is demonic and label it) .

With that out of the way, I believe very similar to Marie in that they are indeed evil 'fallen angels' with one goal in mind. We see reference to demons from the current big three (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) and there are folk lore/tales/etc that also make reference. With that in mind, I don't believe they are man-made constructs, nor do I believe they are controllable beyond being rebuked.

I am curious about your vibrational theory because I wonder if you believe they are a man made/man controlled source. The implications stemming from that could cause quite a bit of introspection =). If they aren't, then where would they come from? And are they truly that different from the idea of a demon (as they are spiritual and I suppose could be described as energy)? i.e. is it merely a vernacular exercise (word-play).

I sometimes think we over complicate spiritual matters like this, but I do think its worth mentioning that I don't believe that every evil action is generated by a demon. I believe that we need to take responsibility for our actions...whether they are influenced or in a moment of weakness, etc.

Marie
Marie

2:58 AM - Dec 30, 2011 #4

Not every evil action is generated by a demon, though I believe evil people like Hitler were influenced by them. Otherwise people have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Renetta
Renetta

4:07 AM - Dec 31, 2011 #5

First off, I totally believe we as humans over complicate EVERYTHING. I have believed that even when I was in the church. I think that is why I was so easily moved away from it. I mean how many times can you rehash the same book ? I know I digress again. I am a writer and I tend to be a talker but anyway as far as demons.

My thoughts on vibrations comes from what might be considered new age spirituality. Vibrations that are higher are experienced by those closest to source both spirits and humans. For example Jesus would have been of a high vibration because he was LOVE and Light!!. Lower vibration emotions/energies range from hate to rage and beyond. Now that is the range where the so called demons resonate. Although I wonder if the word is relevant at all.

As far as negative actions being based on our own actions well that is absolutely the point, if we give in to negative input then we are listening to the input from the spirits with the lower vibrations. Spirits are all around us both the good and the not so good, energetically speaking. Oh wow totally got a feeling in my scalp like a tingling when I wrote that.........talking about a confirmation.
I have seen on one of my spirit guides in my house and at the time I had no idea who he was though I have learned to not be afraid so much as I am the curious sort, there goes the tingle again.

I guess the best way to illustrate this is to give a recent example. Someone told me that had been hearing voices that told them to do things they would not normally do and they resisted. Well I would see that as negative energy vibration that they resisted whereas others might say that was a demon talking to them. They believed it was demonic so they were unwilling to see it the way that I saw it which is there perogative absolutely. I was just giving my thoughts on the situation.

The thing is to get from POINT A to POINT B then people have to be on the same starting point.
I am not a fan of the bible's interpretation of life so I am looking from a different viewpoint as far as that goes. I am looking at this from the viewpoint of what I believe seems logical to me based on additional information outside the bible. That does not mean that I do not believe that Jesus existed and was a man of exemplary character except in my opinion he was an Ascended Master based on his ability to reach the higher vibrations of consciousness, as well as having been reincarnated previously.

With that being said it is still interesting to read how others see things.
wrote:I am curious about your vibrational theory because I wonder if you believe they are a man made/man controlled source. The implications stemming from that could cause quite a bit of introspection =). If they aren't, then where would they come from? And are they truly that different from the idea of a demon (as they are spiritual and I suppose could be described as energy)? i.e. is it merely a vernacular exercise (word-play).
As far as where they come from I think that relates back to the idea that there are more spirits aka souls without bodies on the planet than actual incarnate souls. I wish I could find the information but I can't at this moment.
My prayer to the universe is that I will Maintain a Fearless Attitude as I travel in the realms.

Terry
Terry

3:14 AM - Jun 09, 2012 #6

If you come across a spirit and can't tell if it is a good one or a bad one and you are able to converse with it, there is a test to see what kind it is.
I John 4:2-3
"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God..."
Ask the spirit if he believes that Jesus came in the flesh. If he says no or says nothing, then he is a demon.
My wife was visited by a spirit claiming to be her Grandfather, so I asked her to ask the question and he refused to answer. We then asked him to leave and not come back.

Dave
Dave

4:03 PM - Jun 11, 2012 #7

wrote:Ask the spirit if he believes that Jesus came in the flesh.
Have you ever had one answer 'yes' ? I'm not sure what to think if one did (other than that it would angelic...)

shart003
shart003

2:56 AM - Jul 07, 2012 #8

What I have learned about demons are that they are territorial. They have been assigned to different neighborhoods, cities, states, countries, and they have different ranks in their army governing those areas.

The highest is over different countries, and they are priest of palates which are the fallen angels that fell from heaven with Satan and he assigned them there. Then there are many others that flow down to the lower levels all the way down to the little foot soldiers. The ones that most people deal with are the foot soldiers. Those are the people who are on a lower spiritual level and have not grown because they either do not believe the bible or are baby Christians. As the Christian go from level to level the demons change to a higher one that is more cunning then the last one.. it is said different level different devil....You begin to have to deal with higher level demons as you! move up.

We are to learn how to live our lives like Jesus did while He was on earth, even with the demons around.

How I know the different between a good spirit and a demon is I prayed to God for decerning of the spirit, and He blessed me with it. Now I can tell if they are bad or good just by me coming in contact with them......

joshua
joshua

3:06 PM - Oct 27, 2014 #9

Its not what i believe but i know for sure anyways its too complicated for normal human brain so i will skip the basic details but just know this
First what do you define as demon-their constitution has two unlike one for spirit -what they are, well it would take too long to explain so just go with (humans have 2 constitution-spirit and body, it is not same for demon though)
Second Their work: even I am not sure of that, i've seen them working for humans, against humans also against their kind not to mention they got more knowledge than your wildest dream i assure u, also they are capable of using incarnation and symbols unique to them(of course there is a limit to that too)
So here is a fun fact the most who think have encountered demon is often just a evil spirit and make no mistake they too are quite strong
If u r looking for something particular u can ask me, if it can be shared i will take care and pray hard

fc2014
fc2014

9:38 AM - Nov 02, 2014 #10

Are you a psychic joshua?