YOLO ( you only live once ) 58' Roamer sold on Old Hickory Lake, Tennessee

YOLO ( you only live once ) 58' Roamer sold on Old Hickory Lake, Tennessee

Paul
Paul

April 6th, 2009, 12:19 am #1

YOLO was one of the true flagships of Cedar Creek Yacht Club, a 1970 Chris Craft Roamer that had been to the Gulf on several occasions, and was outfitted in all the finest woodwork an equipment. Sadly, last season Janet and I saw an ambulance at the harbor to tend to owner, Mr. Joyce, who elected to go aboard for his last moments on earth, and I don't hold that against him at all, as it was a place of comfort for a Chris Craft owner who put his hear and soul into the boat for many years. May he rest in peace. Amen.

For many years YOLO was "the ship" that gave Cedar Creek Yacht Club the classic look, when there were so many more contemporary fiberglass boats of the Carver, Sea Ray, and yes, Hatteras persuasion, along with a contingent of Harbor Master and Gibson too. She stood out as a classic with nice sharp classic lines, and gave our harbor a distinction anyone with an eye for classic boats really enjoyed. I heard today YOLO was sold, and she has shipped out, heading to parts unknown, perhaps the Gulf of Mexico, to take on another life and give happiness to a whole other extended family of people. Thus is the life of a classic boat, as the good ones like Chris Crafts often do outlive their owners.

We miss Mr. Joyce because he was the guy who put the value, heart, and soul into YOLO and made her the flagship of Cedar Creek Yacht Club. We will also miss seeing his pride and joy at the harbor.

As I find out more about YOLO, I'll post it here. Roamer fans will especially be interested in tracking this one, as she is quite the flagship, and she'll leave her mark anywhere she goes.

regards,

Paul

Last edited by FEfinaticP on April 6th, 2009, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

April 6th, 2009, 3:21 pm #2

From the advertizement:

Yolo is truly a one of a kind boat because her captain poured his soul into her and she took on the soul and personality of the one of a kind owner. Over many happy years and miles she took on his personality and she is for sale under the only circumstance that he would let her go... Captain Mike is no longer with us, but his life's passion is available to another one of a kind captain.

The pictures tell the story, much better than words, of a boat that will take you back in time much farther than her age. The pictures cannot tell the story nearly as well as your personal visit. That is the only way to begin to understand the passion that has gone into the making of YOLO(you only live once).

John Pollard
John Pollard

April 14th, 2018, 3:01 am #3

YOLO was one of the true flagships of Cedar Creek Yacht Club, a 1970 Chris Craft Roamer that had been to the Gulf on several occasions, and was outfitted in all the finest woodwork an equipment. Sadly, last season Janet and I saw an ambulance at the harbor to tend to owner, Mr. Joyce, who elected to go aboard for his last moments on earth, and I don't hold that against him at all, as it was a place of comfort for a Chris Craft owner who put his hear and soul into the boat for many years. May he rest in peace. Amen.

For many years YOLO was "the ship" that gave Cedar Creek Yacht Club the classic look, when there were so many more contemporary fiberglass boats of the Carver, Sea Ray, and yes, Hatteras persuasion, along with a contingent of Harbor Master and Gibson too. She stood out as a classic with nice sharp classic lines, and gave our harbor a distinction anyone with an eye for classic boats really enjoyed. I heard today YOLO was sold, and she has shipped out, heading to parts unknown, perhaps the Gulf of Mexico, to take on another life and give happiness to a whole other extended family of people. Thus is the life of a classic boat, as the good ones like Chris Crafts often do outlive their owners.

We miss Mr. Joyce because he was the guy who put the value, heart, and soul into YOLO and made her the flagship of Cedar Creek Yacht Club. We will also miss seeing his pride and joy at the harbor.

As I find out more about YOLO, I'll post it here. Roamer fans will especially be interested in tracking this one, as she is quite the flagship, and she'll leave her mark anywhere she goes.

regards,

Paul
This boat is currently tied up at the Georgetown Marina in Georgetown, FL 4-11-18

April 15th, 2018, 2:55 pm #4

John many thanks for the report, it’s amazing where the boats travel during their lifetimes, most by water and some by truck. This boat was one of the finer yachts at Cedar Creek Yacht Club in Tennessee several years ago. It’s literally a home capable of moving around under its own power.

Regards,
Paul