Work in progress

Work in progress

Steve
Steve

May 11th, 2009, 2:42 pm #1

I finally decided to replace the old indoor outdoor carpet that was put on the bridge in 1998 with new marine grade rubber backed snap in type this year which ended up to be more work than anticipated for sure. The old carpet pulled right out BUT the foam backing had other ideas, it decided to stay fused to the old non skid paint. After hours of scrapping and swearing and stripping etc. it was ready to re-coat which has me wondering why I ordered new carpet, oh well it should look nice under the carpet anyway. Here's a few pics

Most of the backing scraped...

And After..

Steve Lendzion
1969 42' Commander
Bear Z Girl

David Kwartler
David Kwartler

May 11th, 2009, 4:07 pm #2

Steve i was wondering what type of paint you used? i need to paint my cockpit on my 69-CCC 35 ft. Thanks David

Steve
Steve

May 11th, 2009, 4:34 pm #3

Dave,
I used the Interlux non skid "Interdeck" producthttp://www.jamestowndistributors.com/us ... .do?pid=67 with some customizing as well. I re coated my main decking and I didn't like the standard colors offered so I used the beige non skid color and then added some white gloss with a splash of black gloss to give it a little tint and some gloss into the finish which I think gives it a unique and attractive look, but then again I'm a little bias...
Steve

John Kloka
John Kloka

May 12th, 2009, 12:30 am #4

I finally decided to replace the old indoor outdoor carpet that was put on the bridge in 1998 with new marine grade rubber backed snap in type this year which ended up to be more work than anticipated for sure. The old carpet pulled right out BUT the foam backing had other ideas, it decided to stay fused to the old non skid paint. After hours of scrapping and swearing and stripping etc. it was ready to re-coat which has me wondering why I ordered new carpet, oh well it should look nice under the carpet anyway. Here's a few pics

Most of the backing scraped...

And After..

Steve Lendzion
1969 42' Commander
Bear Z Girl
I've seen it in person, and it looks great! Steve, new carpet is gonna look super... but that paint job is sweet. A Hatt-guy would've left the floor as-is and let the rug hide it!... save me a beer, I'm almost in! Thinking about running the Lancer down to the Huron shindig, if I still have her...

Klokanuts.

Paul
Paul

May 12th, 2009, 12:38 am #5

Thank the Chris Craft Gods that bar can't talk, no telling who would be in deep trouble now, ha. Yes indeed, I took note allright, it's nice........real nice.....and I'm sure it's served it's intended purpose very well. The location, the quailty, and the craftsmanship, on THAT boat is exceptionally nice.

Paul

Steve
Steve

May 12th, 2009, 12:43 pm #6

I've seen it in person, and it looks great! Steve, new carpet is gonna look super... but that paint job is sweet. A Hatt-guy would've left the floor as-is and let the rug hide it!... save me a beer, I'm almost in! Thinking about running the Lancer down to the Huron shindig, if I still have her...

Klokanuts.
The Hatt-Man did just that, no new paint under the carpet, what lotto numbers are you playing tonight?....
Are you running the Lancer by water or trailer down to Huron? I, unfortunately want to make this event, in fact talked to the wife about it last night but I will be a last minute decider based on Ford Motor Co's plans for me this summer.
BTW, Your always welcome to a beer.
Bear-Z-Girl

Steve
Steve

May 12th, 2009, 12:48 pm #7

Thank the Chris Craft Gods that bar can't talk, no telling who would be in deep trouble now, ha. Yes indeed, I took note allright, it's nice........real nice.....and I'm sure it's served it's intended purpose very well. The location, the quailty, and the craftsmanship, on THAT boat is exceptionally nice.

Paul
Now that you mention it Paul that bar HAS spoken to me on many occasion, its an evil bar... HA..
Thanks for the compliment as well, truly is a labor of love.
Bear-Z-Girl

May 13th, 2009, 5:08 am #8

The Hatt-Man did just that, no new paint under the carpet, what lotto numbers are you playing tonight?....
Are you running the Lancer by water or trailer down to Huron? I, unfortunately want to make this event, in fact talked to the wife about it last night but I will be a last minute decider based on Ford Motor Co's plans for me this summer.
BTW, Your always welcome to a beer.
Bear-Z-Girl
Thanks for the beer offer! I believe we ALL know where the bar is now!

As for Huron... In the essence of time, I believe I will trailer to a nearby ramp and show up by water... you know how we do... My 75 year old Pirate of a Father will be in town, and insists on sleeping on-board!! Just the guys, ya know.

As for FOMOCO ... dint you use that excuse last year? I mean, geez, Jeff and Darlene Watkins made it down from Algonac in their 42 (Otter Chaos), and they never go anywhere! (the gaunlet has been thrown down!)

John Kloka
23 Lancer
Klokanuts

Steve
Steve

May 14th, 2009, 5:47 pm #9

Thanks for the pressure to make Huron and believe me I put a lot more pressure on myself for this kinda stuff but hey, when my only customer left with any money wants you on call for any small scraps they may throw at you at the last minute, well lets just say when they say jump I'm jumping, doing backflips and army crawling thru thorns in order to get the purchase order. You have been watching the news lately right? It ain't pertty out there anymore around here but we're tough and will muscle thru.
Steve BuyAmericanMade Lendzion
1969 42' Commander
Bear-Z-Girl

Paul
Paul

May 14th, 2009, 7:34 pm #10

Hope to see the Kloka clan at Huron !

Regards,

Paul