Weekend on Lake St. Clair!

Weekend on Lake St. Clair!

John Kloka
John Kloka

August 9th, 2010, 1:40 pm #1

I had an opportunity to spend the weekend aboard Steve Lendzion's gorgeous 42 Commander "Bear-Z-Girl", as guests at the Clinton River Boat Club. "Club Island" is in the St. Clair Flats, at the mouth of the Middle Channel, and is accessible only by boat. Also along was Steve's brother Dave (the Hatt-Man)in his 43 Hatteras "Cha-Cha II". Both of these boats are in A-1, top notch condition, and impress wherever the go...

John Kloka

Last edited by FEfinaticP on August 16th, 2010, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Steve

August 9th, 2010, 2:19 pm #2

It was a great weekend indeed, great hosts, great guests and outstanding location for sure. There was no shortage of boat talk, spirits and old stories to keep us entertained and this captain paid for it the next morning.
John, thanks for posting those pics and be sure that we'll hear from the Hat Guy in regards to who's in front in that running shot, by the way it looks like were closer than we actually were due to the angle of the pic. I had to back down a bit as to not block him from view......ha! Looking forward to some more of those running shots, cool stuff!!
Thanks again for the invite and kind words on our boats.
Steve Lendzion
42' '69 Commander
Bear Z Girl

Kevin
Kevin

August 9th, 2010, 3:08 pm #3

I had an opportunity to spend the weekend aboard Steve Lendzion's gorgeous 42 Commander "Bear-Z-Girl", as guests at the Clinton River Boat Club. "Club Island" is in the St. Clair Flats, at the mouth of the Middle Channel, and is accessible only by boat. Also along was Steve's brother Dave (the Hatt-Man)in his 43 Hatteras "Cha-Cha II". Both of these boats are in A-1, top notch condition, and impress wherever the go...

John Kloka

The weekend looks like a great one! If one looks at the picture of the two boats next to each other, there is another 42 going down the channel! Too bad he could not have joined you!

Kevin

PS missed you down at Huron!

Paul
Paul

August 9th, 2010, 3:54 pm #4

John Kloka

Obviously one of the finer 42' Commanders to be seen anywhere. Nice job Steve, very nice.

Regards,

Paul

chacha
chacha

August 9th, 2010, 6:22 pm #5

John Kloka

Lead, follow or get out of the way! I guess my brother decided to follow!! Steve, Keep working hard and someday you too can afford a Hatteras!! LOL!!

Paul
Paul

August 9th, 2010, 6:38 pm #6

Man there should have been a camera on board CHA CHA when you guys were doing that. Talk about magazine front cover stuff! Close in action shots, sheesh! Looks like Steve is about to cross your wake, start snapping NOW! Photoshopping opportunity

Hey good hearing from you, Dave, you're hanging out with some questionable characters, no names need be mentioned.

Regards,

Paul

Steve
Steve

August 9th, 2010, 6:50 pm #7

I did just that shortly after that photo was taken to miss the inbound traffic and you gotta love losing your steering momentarily while caught up in the wake!
Paul, thanks for the nice commentary and archive photo's and I will make that Huron trip eventually, hopefully before my fiberglass rots!
Cha Cha, following was a strategic maneuver so I could use you as a sea plow in order to break waves and allow for smooth ride so I didn't spill my pop...
As for the company we keep all I can say is I need to get more in shape in regards to recreational fluid management to run with the Islanders!

Bear Z Girl

John Kloka
John Kloka

August 9th, 2010, 8:48 pm #8

The weekend looks like a great one! If one looks at the picture of the two boats next to each other, there is another 42 going down the channel! Too bad he could not have joined you!

Kevin

PS missed you down at Huron!
Yes... that's Jeff and Darlene Watkins' Otter Chaos in the background! I just happened to have my camera in my hand as the were heading up the Middle Channel.

P.S. Otter Chaos is sporting freshly re-finished toe rails, the likes of which would make most Commander owners just give up and paint theirs!

John Kloka.
Last edited by FEfinaticP on September 22nd, 2010, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.