We do it for the children !!

We do it for the children !!

July 15th, 2005, 9:08 pm #1

Edit comment:
This has been such a popular thread (for years now),
if you want to see all the images with one click of the mouse, click here !!
It will light em all up !!
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1121461729

Now many of us are nothing more than just grown up kids! These images give the perfect justification
for boating at any level and any cost one can afford. When people talk about the "cost of boating",
just remember these photos and think of all the great memories that exist due to the fact that someone
decided to spend a little time and money with this hobby, and share it with others.
It's a win/win situation if I ever heard of one!

Regards,

Paul

Last edited by FEfinaticP on July 15th, 2010, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P
P

July 18th, 2005, 1:51 pm #2

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you, "Eva the Diva"

My dad took a lot of time with me and my brother when we were growing up, water skiing, swimming, and boating on Conneaut Lake, PA. I often remember camping on Wolfe Island, skiing around the lake on ultra smooth water early in the morning, seeing all those classic wood boats, and having so much fun. It's the stuff memories are made of. Looking at these photos coming in from South Haven, Michigan, sure looks like some great memories in the making, and one heck of a lot of fun!

Great photos Todd!

regards, Paul

More kids on Commanders!
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/m ... 126997474/
Last edited by FEfinaticP on May 31st, 2006, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JD
JD

July 22nd, 2005, 2:09 pm #3

Looks like you are in South Florida?

JD

July 22nd, 2005, 7:36 pm #4

.......the dog does too......the place is Lake Michigan too, nice water eh?

P
Last edited by FEfinaticP on August 5th, 2005, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

September 17th, 2005, 10:51 pm #5

Edit comment:

Now many of us are nothing more than just grown up kids! These images give the perfect justification
for boating at any level and any cost one can afford. When people talk about the "cost of boating",
just remember these photos and think of all the great memories that exist due to the fact that someone
decided to spend a little time and money with this hobby, and share it with others.

Regards,

Paul

Robert and Eva-the-Diva Heinrich, along with a host of their friends out for a ride on mom and dad's boat. Is boating a worthwhile passtime? Let these smiles answer the question!

Above, Lena Metcalf "somewhere" West of downtown Nashville on the Cumberland River, enjoying a glass of cranberry juice.

Would you believe this? A few short years later, that's the same Lena Metcalf again (right) aboard our Chris Craft Commander, "TRADITION". More fun, and more memories, this time with cousin Emma, on the left. TRADITION hasn't changed much, but the lives it has affected have, for the better!

Above, young Mr. Obrien, enjoying a moment aboard a 23’ Commander owned by his dad, Mike. (I think this is just a great photo, by the way, thanks Mike, for sharing this one with us).
This young man is getting a great education about boats, because Mike has a 23’ Commander, a Century Resorter, and a newly acquired 17’ fiberglass Super Sport inboard. The smile says it all! These boats, through the eyes of a child, must represent some of the coolest things in his recreational life right now. I can remember when I was this age, it was one of the most enthusiastic things I ever saw, watching wood speedboats arrive and depart from the docks at the crystal clear Conneaut Lake in Pennsylvania. I would fish for bluegills and keep an eye out for the boats. I soon developed an ear for the big Scripps V-12 that powered “Miss Conneaut”, I knew what a Hercules sounded like, and then I started taking note of the V8 powered boats too. As a young kid all of this was some of “the most interesting” times around. I could NOT get enough. I could stand there all day long and watch, and quite frankly, things have not changed much in the last 40 years! When I see a young man like this, privileged to be around boats, I think to myself, “what a lucky kid” (and I can almost see myself in that photo, a long time ago!) I was a lucky kid, and now as a grown up (some people may claim I never grew up, rightly so) I always love to share our boats with other kids who are lucky enough to be able to spend time on the water, no matter how old the kids may be! When I was a kid this age, and was given the chance to hop aboard a boat, my senses were just spinning with all of the distractions of sound, vibration, movement, smells, brightly finished wood, and those were some exciting times I’ll never forget. It’s one of the joys of boating, to be able to spend time and (share time with others) on the water with such a fun hobby. The following thread, “We do it for the children” shows some other lucky kids being given memories they’ll keep with them for the rest of their lives, the smiling faces say it all. Next time you take a child aboard your Commander, be aware of what a big deal it really is to them. Let’s go boating!
Last edited by FEfinaticP on November 29th, 2006, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Paul

September 17th, 2005, 10:53 pm #6

Last edited by FEfinaticP on April 11th, 2006, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P
P

September 18th, 2005, 12:08 am #7

Here are a couple of gals from Texas enjoying a cool summer ride in Tennessee. That's Lena and Xuma Metcalf "somewhere West of downtown Nashville on the Cumberland".

I gave the flag to Lena and said "here's the flag, you know what to do" and then I snapped this photo.

Edit comment: Would you believe the gal on the right in the upper photo, and the same gal holding the flag, happens to be the now young woman who appears on the right of the photo posted below (photo taken summer of 2006)

The boat is the same, but the lives it has impacted have all changed (for the better).

Paul

Last edited by FEfinaticP on January 8th, 2007, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Wheeler
Mark Wheeler

September 18th, 2005, 12:34 am #8

I'm laughing out loud on this one, good one!

Mark Wheeler

January 8th, 2007, 4:13 am #9

Robert and Eva-the-Diva Heinrich, along with a host of their friends out for a ride on mom and dad's boat. Is boating a worthwhile passtime? Let these smiles answer the question!

Above, Lena Metcalf "somewhere" West of downtown Nashville on the Cumberland River, enjoying a glass of cranberry juice.

Would you believe this? A few short years later, that's the same Lena Metcalf again (right) aboard our Chris Craft Commander, "TRADITION". More fun, and more memories, this time with cousin Emma, on the left. TRADITION hasn't changed much, but the lives it has affected have, for the better!

Above, young Mr. Obrien, enjoying a moment aboard a 23’ Commander owned by his dad, Mike. (I think this is just a great photo, by the way, thanks Mike, for sharing this one with us).
This young man is getting a great education about boats, because Mike has a 23’ Commander, a Century Resorter, and a newly acquired 17’ fiberglass Super Sport inboard. The smile says it all! These boats, through the eyes of a child, must represent some of the coolest things in his recreational life right now. I can remember when I was this age, it was one of the most enthusiastic things I ever saw, watching wood speedboats arrive and depart from the docks at the crystal clear Conneaut Lake in Pennsylvania. I would fish for bluegills and keep an eye out for the boats. I soon developed an ear for the big Scripps V-12 that powered “Miss Conneaut”, I knew what a Hercules sounded like, and then I started taking note of the V8 powered boats too. As a young kid all of this was some of “the most interesting” times around. I could NOT get enough. I could stand there all day long and watch, and quite frankly, things have not changed much in the last 40 years! When I see a young man like this, privileged to be around boats, I think to myself, “what a lucky kid” (and I can almost see myself in that photo, a long time ago!) I was a lucky kid, and now as a grown up (some people may claim I never grew up, rightly so) I always love to share our boats with other kids who are lucky enough to be able to spend time on the water, no matter how old the kids may be! When I was a kid this age, and was given the chance to hop aboard a boat, my senses were just spinning with all of the distractions of sound, vibration, movement, smells, brightly finished wood, and those were some exciting times I’ll never forget. It’s one of the joys of boating, to be able to spend time and (share time with others) on the water with such a fun hobby. The following thread, “We do it for the children” shows some other lucky kids being given memories they’ll keep with them for the rest of their lives, the smiling faces say it all. Next time you take a child aboard your Commander, be aware of what a big deal it really is to them. Let’s go boating!

<HR WIDTH="100%" COLOR="##666699" SIZE="11">PHOTO OF THE DAY AWARD (January 6 & 7, 2007)

Edit Comment: "The first photo above was awarded the "Photo of the Day" on January 6 & 7 because of the clarity, composition, and the great expressions on these kids faces. Nice Job, Scott (dad). This is Gavin and Devin Cadle on the Wye River, aboard mom and dad’s 38’ Commander. Instant memories and avid boaters in the making here!

This great photo is being added to this thread, along with numerous other great shots of kids aboard Commanders. Thanks for sharing the image with us, Scott!

Paul,
forum moderator
<HR WIDTH="100%" COLOR="##666699" SIZE="11">

Matt ODonnell
Matt ODonnell

June 28th, 2007, 11:11 pm #10

Edit comment:

Regards,

Paul

My wife snaped these two photo's of my son Brendan driving Changing Channels from the lower helm. Good thing we were still tied to the dock!!!

Matt ODonnell
Changing Channels
1967 38' Express