WANTED Hand rail hardware

WANTED Hand rail hardware

May 13th, 2018, 11:32 am #1

I am looking for hinge hardware for the wooden handrail around the cockpit. Original was made by Perko.
Thanks
John Brock

June 8th, 2018, 3:31 pm #2

What model CC?  There were two sizes of the hinges and latch sets.  I do have two NIB sets that fit a 31 Commander, but they were pricey when I bought them, and they were still in stock by ChrisParts.  They are no longer available from any vendors.

June 8th, 2018, 3:56 pm #3

srccommander wrote: What model CC?  There were two sizes of the hinges and latch sets.  I do have two NIB sets that fit a 31 Commander, but they were pricey when I bought them, and they were still in stock by ChrisParts.  They are no longer available from any vendors.
Mine is a 1973 410 flush deck. The hardware is just like I had on my 1967 31 Commander. The ones on Chris Parts are different. I have found a used part in good shape. Thanks.
John

July 2nd, 2018, 10:11 am #4

It is a 1973 Model 410. The hardware is exactly what I had on my 1967 31 Commander. I was able to find a use hinge and it is now installed. If anyone has this hardware , keep it. Some day someone will need it. It is generally unavailable.

July 2nd, 2018, 7:39 pm #5

As I mentioned above,  I have two NIB sets, but they were pricey when I bought them, and they were still in stock by ChrisParts, so they're expensive. However, if you know of anyone who needs them, have them contact me.

July 2nd, 2018, 7:50 pm #6

srccommander wrote: As I mentioned above,  I have two NIB sets, but they were pricey when I bought them, and they were still in stock by ChrisParts, so they're expensive. However, if you know of anyone who needs them, have them contact me.
I'll keep you in mind. The ones I needed look different from the ones in stock at Chris Parts. My version was very similar to the ones made by Perko. They have unfortunately discontinued them.
John

July 2nd, 2018, 8:08 pm #7

The ones I have are NIB Perko and fit the CCC 31 along with some other boats. I bought them about 10 years ago when ChrisParts still had very few remaining in stock.  When I sold my boat, I asked ChrisParts what I should charge for them, since by that time the Perko hinge and latch sets were out of stock, and they'd been able to get them for several years. The former owners of ChrisParts told me to remember that they were made of "unobtainium" and to price them accordingly if I chose to sell them.  Since I no longer have that boat, I'd sell both pair as a set, but I suspect they'd only be of interest to someone doing a full blown restoration.