paul
paul

June 15th, 2017, 5:45 pm #21

Hey all it's been a while since I've been around. Unfortunately, it's been over 2 years since the 23' Commander has been in the water. However, I've made some strides to get it back going. I had some leaky exhaust manifolds and I suspected a bad carb. In any event, my goal is to get it running decently before the weather breaks this fall (I know, I'm running out of time), and then over the winter I'm going to give it some much deserved cosmetic treatment, so it will be ready for a full season next year. I am planning on working on the boat this weekend, so I'll update with some pictures and hopefully some really good news!!!

The question I have for everyone is if someone knows of a good resource for people who are good with V-drives and transmissions? This is not for the 23' (the V-drive works well in that), but rather for another project that I've acquired. I've got an old Century Mark II w/ a Chrysler 318 and paragon V-drive. The Chrysler is a counter-clockwise rotation, and I intend on using a different engine that will have clockwise rotation. I've read that the paragon trans must be operated in the direction they're designed to, which makes sense. I'm looking for some advice on what I might do in that sense. Could I get a new reverse gear that would mount to my existing V-drive but be made for a "standard" rotation engine? Ideally I'd like someone in the midwest, IE Michigan or Ohio. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Wes Stinson
1968 Commander 23'
Family owned since 1972
i changed my 440 vdrive to automotive direction undo the 4 bolts on the front of trans and rotate the plate 180 degrees and put on a oppisite rotation prop still fine on my 43 year old century

paul
paul

June 15th, 2017, 5:45 pm #22

Hey all it's been a while since I've been around. Unfortunately, it's been over 2 years since the 23' Commander has been in the water. However, I've made some strides to get it back going. I had some leaky exhaust manifolds and I suspected a bad carb. In any event, my goal is to get it running decently before the weather breaks this fall (I know, I'm running out of time), and then over the winter I'm going to give it some much deserved cosmetic treatment, so it will be ready for a full season next year. I am planning on working on the boat this weekend, so I'll update with some pictures and hopefully some really good news!!!

The question I have for everyone is if someone knows of a good resource for people who are good with V-drives and transmissions? This is not for the 23' (the V-drive works well in that), but rather for another project that I've acquired. I've got an old Century Mark II w/ a Chrysler 318 and paragon V-drive. The Chrysler is a counter-clockwise rotation, and I intend on using a different engine that will have clockwise rotation. I've read that the paragon trans must be operated in the direction they're designed to, which makes sense. I'm looking for some advice on what I might do in that sense. Could I get a new reverse gear that would mount to my existing V-drive but be made for a "standard" rotation engine? Ideally I'd like someone in the midwest, IE Michigan or Ohio. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Wes Stinson
1968 Commander 23'
Family owned since 1972
Re: V-Drive Rebuilder/Knowledge?

September 13th, 2018, 12:31 pm #23

Hello Everybody!
I'd like to resurrect this old post because I'm in the process of choosing the transmission for my XK-19 since Paragon PV-3125R seems unobtainable...
I contacted Walter Transmission and they told me they can provide a RV-26D-71 to mate to a Velvet Drive 71c, has anybody ever done such a swap? I'd be grateful for any help you can give!
Thanks a lot and have all a great day!

Marco