July 25th, 2016, 10:34 pm #11

Bill
Thanks a lot. Man, I'm working on it as far getting my boat north. Really want to connect with you and Rob.
Will keep you both posted.
Kent

Glenn F
Glenn F

July 25th, 2016, 11:31 pm #12

Very nice work Kent

Glenn

July 25th, 2016, 11:41 pm #13

My shop is adding a radio for me. I am doing my best to meet up with Bill P. and Rob Bernard two other Commander 23 owners. However, I have been out of town on a construction project. Hate it when life gets in the way. Thanks again to the site for all the help over the last two years of this restoration.

Sincerely,

Kent U.

Edit Comment: Here is another (of many threads) from our archives, on this boat. Paul
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1444559494

Here is a thread about where the boat was found in Montana, again, one of MANY threads about this special boat
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1149086680

Kent that is gorgeous, that big block should be fun. I hate to ask for fear of stirring up a swim platform debate but,,,, where did you get the platform brackets? Wonder if the angle would be right for the 23 lancer? I have separate stainless poles that are basically flattened out on each end. Not sure how I feel about them.

Fantastic work on this boat. Hope I can get half as good!

July 26th, 2016, 12:03 am #14

Phil
Thanks. I had those same tubes with flattened ends for the platform brackets.
They were kind of lame and not real strong. We had a local welder make them up based on cardboard templates. They are stainless steel. Should last a long time.
Thanks
Kent

July 28th, 2016, 5:51 pm #15

In my haste to post pics and video I forgot to mention my shop by name.
Eversole Marine in Algonac, MI. Wayne and his crew are great craftsmen and equally great to work with. They did the bulk of the work on my boat. Without him it would still be in the restoration stage.
Wayne can save your boat! I can provide contact info.
Thanks Wayne!

Eric Jensen
Eric Jensen

July 31st, 2016, 9:48 pm #16

My shop is adding a radio for me. I am doing my best to meet up with Bill P. and Rob Bernard two other Commander 23 owners. However, I have been out of town on a construction project. Hate it when life gets in the way. Thanks again to the site for all the help over the last two years of this restoration.

Sincerely,

Kent U.

Edit Comment: Here is another (of many threads) from our archives, on this boat. Paul
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1444559494

Here is a thread about where the boat was found in Montana, again, one of MANY threads about this special boat
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1149086680

but, that is a really spectacular boat. Looks like Everso Marine did all right by you. Where is it headed in Michigan?

Eric

August 1st, 2016, 10:34 am #17

Eric
Thanks. My boat is headed to Northern Michigan.
Most of the time on Lake Charkevoix out of Boyne City.
Been working out of town, can't wait to take it north

Kent

August 2nd, 2016, 2:35 am #18

Kent, I'm familiar with the area and have sampled martinis at the restaurant overlooking the channel from the Lake Charlevoix to Lake Michigan, as I suspect you have too. Beautiful area, lots of super premium boats up there and people who know what they have, and how to maintain them well. Your boat completed to the standard you have done will get a lot of double-take looks up there.

Have fun, keep us posted, send photos !!

Regards,
Paul

August 3rd, 2016, 12:34 am #19

Thanks Paul. Yes It is a nice area. Have had many dinners in Charlevoix, Boyne City etc. You are right about the nice boats too. Pushing hard to get my boat north, finished an out of town work project and enjoy some boat time.
Have enjoyed the site and will send pics later on as well
Thanks!
Kent

Eric Jensen
Eric Jensen

August 26th, 2016, 3:52 pm #20

But I wish it was MY BOAT.

ej