Glenn F
Glenn F

August 14th, 2012, 1:36 pm #31

Paul and all,

The new dist has incressed my over all preformance, even sounds better. With the 15 x 16 prop she was running at WOT 30 mph at 4,100 rpms, she now runs 33 mph at 4,300 rpms. At 2,800 rpms she purrs along, perfect.
More reliability, yes and better fuel mileage.

I still have an issue with the 360 intake manifold, it had the heat riser holes in the heads for the auto world, which the gaskets are suppose to cover, but mine are rotted away and oil vapers are leaving some oil on top of the manifold. I'm trying to hold off untill winter.
Thanks

Glenn

Paul
Paul

August 14th, 2012, 2:05 pm #32

Well then.........you know what THAT means?

As you may recall, I spoke with John Adams, the man who built the boat in the photo below using a fiberglass inboard Lancer as the starting point, and he put a Chrysler 426B (wedge head) motor in one, and a GM 454 in the other. The 4-blade prop works better on the tunnel drive than a 3-blade does, and the 3 works better on the full deep V boat with the 454 (on the latter he was using a 13x13 direct drive prop, because I chedked!) .

From what John said, we may be able to get some interesting performance benefits from going with a modern profile 4-blade, and recent info received from other Lancer owners suggests this may be true too. Mmmmm, bet Edelbrock makes a nice Performer RPM for that motor of yours

best,

Paul

Glenn F
Glenn F

August 18th, 2012, 12:06 pm #33

Paul and all,

I sort of screwed up ym pictures. I have been orginizing my pictures on photobucket and forgot about moving them and losing there path. OOPs
Here is the link and the first picture is the tabs I just added. The rest of the pictures are all mixed up, but you can sort of piece them together.

http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq22 ... ?start=all

Glenn
All,

Here is a video of a good look ride on the Ohio.

Glenn

Paul & Janet
Paul & Janet

August 18th, 2012, 12:55 pm #34

Glenn,

That's great, love the Miami Vice theme song too! Janet and I both watched your video several times with our morning coffee. The video sure shows off the hull.

Best,

Paul & Janet

Glenn F
Glenn F

April 27th, 2014, 1:36 pm #35

Well then.........you know what THAT means?

As you may recall, I spoke with John Adams, the man who built the boat in the photo below using a fiberglass inboard Lancer as the starting point, and he put a Chrysler 426B (wedge head) motor in one, and a GM 454 in the other. The 4-blade prop works better on the tunnel drive than a 3-blade does, and the 3 works better on the full deep V boat with the 454 (on the latter he was using a 13x13 direct drive prop, because I chedked!) .

From what John said, we may be able to get some interesting performance benefits from going with a modern profile 4-blade, and recent info received from other Lancer owners suggests this may be true too. Mmmmm, bet Edelbrock makes a nice Performer RPM for that motor of yours

best,

Paul
Paul and all,
I have my CM 360 out to put in a new rear seal and a better oil drain in the oil pan, and could not resist a new intake.

Glenn

Paul
Paul

April 27th, 2014, 2:35 pm #36

Awesome Glenn, looks very serious too. !
Should put a little more speed under that 23??
I discovered on boats it takes some pretty significant power added to make
much difference in speed. Should be a fun water test. That motor looks great!

Regards,

Paul

Glenn
Glenn

April 28th, 2014, 12:37 am #37

Paul, thanks.

Paul
Paul

March 15th, 2017, 12:48 am #38

Glenn,

That's great, love the Miami Vice theme song too! Janet and I both watched your video several times with our morning coffee. The video sure shows off the hull.

Best,

Paul & Janet
Ha, Glenn, I just looked again, and the boat you bought and restored is still listed for sale. As you know, I tried to get through the BS on that fishing site to contact the seller and could not do it, so you got the boat and did very well with it. Great job, this thread stands as an inspiration for others to do the same. The 23 Lancer is one heck of a boat, and it could very well have been sold as a small Commander, after all they did just that in 1968 and 1969 with a v-drive setup before they changed it from a Commander to a Lancer Premier for 1970. Personally I think the inboard versions are very very cool boats.

Regards,
Paul

December 7th, 2017, 7:06 pm #39

Paul and all,

I sort of screwed up ym pictures. I have been orginizing my pictures on photobucket and forgot about moving them and losing there path. OOPs
Here is the link and the first picture is the tabs I just added. The rest of the pictures are all mixed up, but you can sort of piece them together.

http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq22 ... ?start=all

Glenn
hi Glen
i have a 1970 lancer 23 Z drive and I plan to add trim tabs
what do you think about this ?
is it really efficient ?
Thank you

December 7th, 2017, 11:21 pm #40

Trim tabs may be of some benefit but this is how they are designed to run

http://youtu.be/Id_3QAUoE54

Regards,
Paul