Glenn F
Glenn F

July 17th, 2012, 8:17 pm #21

The funny thing about your boat, is the fact that I saw it for sale and tried to buy it, but the web site that was hosting the for sale photo was some sort of a deep sea fishing site and they had so many frigging rules about how many postings you had to do before you could do this and that, i finally gave up. I got a politically correct note from their web master and felt nauseaus, thought oh well guess i better look elsewhere. The guy would not give me the phone number or contact info for one of his people who was trying to sell a boat, what a pri*k. You did a better job finding the seller, for sure.

As a matter of fact, the ad is still there and here is the photo, just picked off the site now

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/487040/ ... aft-lancer

In any case Glenn, you got a good one and did an even better job at it than I would have. Congratulations, you turned this one into something you could take guests to after a ballgame and go for a ride in, and that is a far cry from where it was sitting a few years ago. WELL DONE, this is what classic fiberglass boat restoration (and ownership) is all about. Regarding the change of name, I think the ceremony was totally appropriate and hopefully there was someone off camera doing the Chris Craft version of the Roamer Dance, lol.

The unveiling is a hoot too, ha, first time I've ever seen or heard about doing that but very cool.

Thanks for sharing all of this good stuff with us,

Best,

Paul
Paul and all,

By the way, that is Captain Rich Mowery doing the ceremony and Dave trying to catch the Gods to the West.

Thanks for the good words, Paul. I ended up buying the Sea Mist from a guy out on Long Island, I never thought to ask him how he came about it. I also seem that same picture months and months before I found it on LI.

Here is the picture of the add when I bought it.

Glenn

Paul
Paul

July 17th, 2012, 8:29 pm #22

Looks like fun to me Glenn, everyone seems to be having quite the good time too.

Regarding the photo in your ebay ad, it looks like someone obviously hauled the boat out and cleaned it up for the auction, as the early photos that still exist out there make it look pretty lost.

regards,

Paul

Glenn F
Glenn F

July 18th, 2012, 1:35 am #23

Paul and all,

I seam that same add on Ebay 3 years ago for $8oo.oo. All I know is, somewere, somebody sabbed in a nice
CM 360/260HP, and with a little TLC, she is finaly breathing normal.

Sweet ride. When I tell people it a 1973 Chris Craft / Classic Glass, she get's her share of looks.
Sure makes a nice classic hot rod.

Glenn

Glenn F
Glenn F

July 25th, 2012, 10:26 pm #24

All,

Here is a couple pictures of my new valve covers (tight fit) and my new Pertronix Ingnitor II Marine Billet Distributor.

Speaking of tractors. Here is my Ford.

Glenn

Glenn F
Glenn F

July 25th, 2012, 10:46 pm #25

All,

We will be towing the Lancer with our motorhome up to Lake Erie over Labor Day weekend (Wed. to Wed.)
Staying at Cedarline RV Park on Catawba Island. http://cedarlanervpark.com/
Keeping the boat at Foxheaven Marina, which is accross the steet.http://foxhavenmarina.com/index.htm

We are not taking a car, so the Lancer is our only means of transportation, well bicycles.
If any of you CC fans are out and about, let me know. We will be crusing.

Glenn

July 26th, 2012, 9:32 pm #26

Hi Glenn, Very nice marina, dad kept our 1962 28' Connie there around 1970. It is much bigger and better now. That is a nice campground and a short walk away. If you get the opportunity, check out the Gem Beach Marina and community. That is where I docked my boats for about ten years. It is one marina up the harbor toward the big lake from Foxhaven. That entire area is packed with marinas full of cool boats. You should be able to spot over a dozen Commanders the first hour. Happy hunting and have fun!

Chris Wade

Ooops, forgot to post my name
Ooops, forgot to post my name

July 29th, 2012, 12:50 pm #27

Re: Foxhaven

August 3rd, 2012, 5:57 pm #28

Hi Glenn, Very nice marina, dad kept our 1962 28' Connie there around 1970. It is much bigger and better now. That is a nice campground and a short walk away. If you get the opportunity, check out the Gem Beach Marina and community. That is where I docked my boats for about ten years. It is one marina up the harbor toward the big lake from Foxhaven. That entire area is packed with marinas full of cool boats. You should be able to spot over a dozen Commanders the first hour. Happy hunting and have fun!

Chris Wade
Hi Cris, I just ran across this forum and saw that you use to own the 38' feelgood. Anyway, I purchased it the end of last summer. I was kind of neglected for a few yrs. great seeing pics on here of when you had it and all the hard work you put into it. this winter i have to redo the floor in the back of the boat, im thinking of just using the same floor you used, looked nice and not too pricey. So far I replaced both 350 engins with 2 new merc 383 strokers and it moves along pretty fast now. last year it was like a sea turtle. I also put a new ac unit in and windlass anchor. and rebuilt trans. Now i just have to get it back into shape cosmeticly. I had a question for you, you know that 4 x 4 stud under the bow pulpit that i seen in one of your photos, that is nothing supporting is it? when they put the anchor in,they cut it out to fit the rope. it just looked like it might have a purpose. thanks

Paul
Paul

August 3rd, 2012, 9:07 pm #29

Hello Doug and "WELCOME ABOARD", we know the FEELGOOD around here quite well, but not as well as Chris does!

You got a nice one, and contratulations for getting the mechanicals sorted out, etc. I've been aboard and it is a nice layout, and the Sport Fisherman model is not seen too often. Send us some photos when you are able to! In the meantime I hope the FEELGOOD posting here will get Chris's attention and I am sure he'll post back when he sees it.

best,

Paul

Paul
Paul

August 13th, 2012, 9:25 pm #30

All,

Here is a couple pictures of my new valve covers (tight fit) and my new Pertronix Ingnitor II Marine Billet Distributor.

Speaking of tractors. Here is my Ford.

Glenn
Love the Ford tractor too!

The boat is looking real good Glenn, very nice job.

The hot distributor should give you a nice let up on the reliability side too.
You'll want to leave the engine hatch up when you're at the dock now!

Nice job all the way!

Regards,

Paul
Last edited by FEfinaticP on August 13th, 2012, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.