Something in modern wood for the fiberglass guys !

Something in modern wood for the fiberglass guys !

Paul
Paul

April 9th, 2010, 3:29 pm #1

Hey guys,

Feast your eyes on this!
Would be nice to have an unlimited budget, sheesh!

Paul

East Boothbay, Maine
USA 04544

LIBERTY
Launched: 1996
Length: 80 feet
Beam: 15 feet
Designer: Bruce King
Interior design: Allan Walton

This modern classic from the drawing board of Bruce King reflects the Wall Street commuters of the early 1900's. Her strong, stiff and light cold molded hull with her distinct round transom and hard chine bottom is fast and maneuverable. Powered by twin MAN V12's she can turn a top speed of 33+ knots and cruise down the coast all day at 25 knots. Liberty's interior shows off the talents and collaboration of a Walton design and Hodgdon construction techniques. The use of aerospace technology and traditional joinery yields a strong lightweight and spacious accommodation.

Paul
Paul

April 9th, 2010, 3:51 pm #2

......here

http://www.hodgdonyachts.com/composites.shtml

An amazing series of steps to build a custom composite design.
If these were not one-off designs, the process could turn toward "manufacturing" rather than
custom building by hand.

I can only imagine the millions of dollars required for all this.

Paul

Don
Don

April 9th, 2010, 5:05 pm #3

Hey guys,

Feast your eyes on this!
Would be nice to have an unlimited budget, sheesh!

Paul

East Boothbay, Maine
USA 04544

LIBERTY
Launched: 1996
Length: 80 feet
Beam: 15 feet
Designer: Bruce King
Interior design: Allan Walton

This modern classic from the drawing board of Bruce King reflects the Wall Street commuters of the early 1900's. Her strong, stiff and light cold molded hull with her distinct round transom and hard chine bottom is fast and maneuverable. Powered by twin MAN V12's she can turn a top speed of 33+ knots and cruise down the coast all day at 25 knots. Liberty's interior shows off the talents and collaboration of a Walton design and Hodgdon construction techniques. The use of aerospace technology and traditional joinery yields a strong lightweight and spacious accommodation.

I worked on that boat a couple of years ago, very cool.

Don Hancock

Jerry
Jerry

April 9th, 2010, 6:51 pm #4

Paul and All:
Thanks alot for the photos! Now my boatitus has turned terminal. Could someone call a priest for me?
Jerry FILO