search function

search function

September 27th, 2017, 1:37 am #1

Paul,
Is there something going on with the search function? For 2 days now I've been getting "search unavailable try again later".
Thanks
Joe

Paul
Paul

September 27th, 2017, 1:12 pm #2

I have been in touch with some other administrators on the Network and all the sites are down hopefully for a short time.

HOWEVER............thanks to a tip from long-term Forum Regular and Notable Seattle Yachtsman, Jim Peters, here is another way you can search our database !!!!!

This is the link for our forum (shown below).

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840

Now we want to search for winterization.

Type in the word "site:" (without quotes) with a colon on the front of this link, and add the word "winterization" (without quotes) at the end so the link looks like this below.

It works and this should suffice until such time they get the search feature back up and running !!!!!!

And if you remember a phrase............or a title..........then instead of "winterization", type in "mother of all winterization threads"

Regards,
Paul

September 29th, 2017, 3:44 pm #3

This is not a Forum issue, it's all over the Network, so they are working on this and some other issues as well. In additiion, I understand there are some new features on the way that will help us with photos, etc.

Stay tuned, I'll update everyone as soon as we know more.

Paul