11:47 AM - Jul 23, 2018 #11

LadyKXK wrote: Hi R. Michael.  Where in Ohio are you?  My boat was from Buckeye Lake (where I am from). 

I'm afraid I don't know about the distributor...this type has been on since I've had the boat in 1994.  I've attached the build sheet, but can't see a notation about distributor.    Thanks for asking.
XKordersheet.jpg

2:21 AM - Jul 24, 2018 #12

Hi, I'm in Northeast Ohio and have usually taken my XK out on Lake Erie. From my paperwork, the boat was delivered to Cleveland Yacht Supply when new. So my boat seems to have been in the area since new.

One reason I asked about the distributor is that I don't recall ever seeing a marine distributor with a vacuum advance on it. So if you don't connect a vacuum supply to it, it shouldn't effect the way your advance curve/timing in the distributor works.

But it is very possible that someone replaced a marine style distributor for an automotive distributor since a F series CC engine would easily work with a standard Chevy distributor. The issue though is that typically a Marine Distributor (Coast Guard Approved) if spark proof to decrease the chance that if there is a fuel vapor problem that the sparks inside the distributor will ignite the vapors and ruin your day on the water.

Ron

2:28 AM - Jul 24, 2018 #13

On another XK subject, do you happen the have the drop in /removable tray that CC offered as an option under the center cushion of the rear seat? I saw one XK a few years back at a boat brokerage that had the tray, but this was before everyone carried a camera in their phone or I would have taken a picture of the tray.

I would like to maybe one day build one for my boat, but I'd like to see an original one to copy and measure for size and such.

Ron

4:50 PM - Aug 21, 2018 #14

rgmxk22 wrote:On another XK subject, do you happen the have the drop in /removable tray that CC offered as an option under the center cushion of the rear seat? I saw one XK a few years back at a boat brokerage that had the tray, but this was before everyone carried a camera in their phone or I would have taken a picture of the tray.

I would like to maybe one day build one for my boat, but I'd like to see an original one to copy and measure for size and such.

Ron
Hi Ron. Just got the boat back from restorer. I don’t have that drop in tray under center seat. Here’s a pict if the finished product btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2:40 AM - Aug 22, 2018 #15

Well, you have her looking good! It's alright that you don't have that tray, I just thought I ask. But like I said, I've only seen one XK with the tray.

I see from your pic of the engine you have the through hull exhaust, mine doesn't have it for some reason. I have never found an answer to why mine doesn't have it. I've never seen anything in the brochures or paperwork where the through hull was an option. Also, it seem like mine is an oddball with out it since all of the XK22 I've seen in person or online have it where mine doesn't.

I have a pair of the exhaust outlets I bought off a guy who was redoing one of these so I could add it. But before I do, I want to ride in one like yours so I can know how loud it really is with the through hull. One thing about mine is that you don't have any issues talking to your passengers since she's quiet at idle with the underwater exhaust. So I want to know this before I start drilling holes and changing exhaust manifold parts. But don't get me wrong, I like the rubble of a through hull exhaust, I just question how load it will be with a 12" long exhaust system.

Also, who made that trailer you have her sitting on? It reminds me of a Loadmaster Trailer. I would like to someday buy new trailer for mine since mine rides pretty high on it's trailer. I like how yours seems to be sitting on that trailer. I thing the boat would be easier to tow with the center of gravity lower like yours compared to how mine is set up.

Again, yours looks GOOD!
Ron

2:13 PM - Aug 22, 2018 #16

rgmxk22 wrote: Well, you have her looking good! It's alright that you don't have that tray, I just thought I ask. But like I said, I've only seen one XK with the tray.

I see from your pic of the engine you have the through hull exhaust, mine doesn't have it for some reason. I have never found an answer to why mine doesn't have it. I've never seen anything in the brochures or paperwork where the through hull was an option. Also, it seem like mine is an oddball with out it since all of the XK22 I've seen in person or online have it where mine doesn't.

I have a pair of the exhaust outlets I bought off a guy who was redoing one of these so I could add it. But before I do, I want to ride in one like yours so I can know how loud it really is with the through hull. One thing about mine is that you don't have any issues talking to your passengers since she's quiet at idle with the underwater exhaust. So I want to know this before I start drilling holes and changing exhaust manifold parts. But don't get me wrong, I like the rubble of a through hull exhaust, I just question how load it will be with a 12" long exhaust system.

Also, who made that trailer you have her sitting on? It reminds me of a Loadmaster Trailer. I would like to someday buy new trailer for mine since mine rides pretty high on it's trailer. I like how yours seems to be sitting on that trailer. I thing the boat would be easier to tow with the center of gravity lower like yours compared to how mine is set up.

Again, yours looks GOOD!
Ron
Thanks, Ron.   I've never seen an XK without the thru hull exhaust, but I wouldn't doubt they did it.   Agree that it might be nice from a usability standpoint...I love the burble but also don't want to be confused with a cigarette boat (fortunately it isn't that loud).  The sound is somewhere between a wooden boat thru hull, and a performance boat.  it's nice, but not obnoxious. Re: the trailer, I had it custom made for the XK about 20 years ago at a company in Lancaster, OH called JT trailers.   

cheers!
tim

2:18 PM - Aug 22, 2018 #17

this is for Jon Bakke....super helpful forum member and fellow XK-22 owner who helped me with my replacement sunpad.  I did this sight unseen from his template and his upholstery guy 5 states away.  I'd say the 2018 bronze vinyl is a pretty good match to my 1972 bronze vinyl.   Fits like a glove.    Gotta love the forum and its helpful members!  IMG_4767.JPG

4:47 PM - Aug 22, 2018 #18

Sunpad look good, did the upholstery guy add the tab with the fender locks to help hold the pad to the rear edge of the back seat?

4:50 PM - Aug 22, 2018 #19

LadyKXK wrote:
rgmxk22 wrote: Well, you have her looking good! It's alright that you don't have that tray, I just thought I ask. But like I said, I've only seen one XK with the tray.

Again, yours looks GOOD!
Ron
Thanks, Ron.   I've never seen an XK without the thru hull exhaust, but I wouldn't doubt they did it.   Agree that it might be nice from a usability standpoint...I love the burble but also don't want to be confused with a cigarette boat (fortunately it isn't that loud).  The sound is somewhere between a wooden boat thru hull, and a performance boat.  it's nice, but not obnoxious. Re: the trailer, I had it custom made for the XK about 20 years ago at a company in Lancaster, OH called JT trailers.   

cheers!
tim
I've really like what you've done to the boat so far Tim, I'm impressed.

Regarding the sound and the hull exhaust I really think it´s period correct and a must on this kind of boats!
We have the same engine type, 350 FLV HP, in our 1971 XK-19 and this is how it sounds on idle and starting speed. Pump the volume and enjoy!
XK-19 with 350 FLV HP at idle

Our XK-19 with 350 FLV HP reaching its flat level
Best regards, Hakan in Sweden
1971 Chris Craft XK-19 with 350 FLVHP and Volvo 270 drive

5:45 PM - Aug 22, 2018 #20

rgmxk22 wrote: Sunpad look good, did the upholstery guy add the tab with the fender locks to help hold the pad to the rear edge of the back seat?
Hi Ron.  No, those tabs were already there, but since the upholsterer was remote and didn't see the boat, they aren't functional (assume you meant the two long aluminum tabs on the upper back of the rear seat).  they are still there, but nothing tied into them