July 23rd, 2018, 11:47 am #11

LadyKXK wrote: Hi R. Michael.  Where in Ohio are you?  My boat was from Buckeye Lake (where I am from). 

I'm afraid I don't know about the distributor...this type has been on since I've had the boat in 1994.  I've attached the build sheet, but can't see a notation about distributor.    Thanks for asking.
XKordersheet.jpg

July 24th, 2018, 2:21 am #12

Hi, I'm in Northeast Ohio and have usually taken my XK out on Lake Erie. From my paperwork, the boat was delivered to Cleveland Yacht Supply when new. So my boat seems to have been in the area since new.

One reason I asked about the distributor is that I don't recall ever seeing a marine distributor with a vacuum advance on it. So if you don't connect a vacuum supply to it, it shouldn't effect the way your advance curve/timing in the distributor works.

But it is very possible that someone replaced a marine style distributor for an automotive distributor since a F series CC engine would easily work with a standard Chevy distributor. The issue though is that typically a Marine Distributor (Coast Guard Approved) if spark proof to decrease the chance that if there is a fuel vapor problem that the sparks inside the distributor will ignite the vapors and ruin your day on the water.

Ron

July 24th, 2018, 2:28 am #13

On another XK subject, do you happen the have the drop in /removable tray that CC offered as an option under the center cushion of the rear seat? I saw one XK a few years back at a boat brokerage that had the tray, but this was before everyone carried a camera in their phone or I would have taken a picture of the tray.

I would like to maybe one day build one for my boat, but I'd like to see an original one to copy and measure for size and such.

Ron